Seventeen

" fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! " Carl curses out loud as he runs through the woods with my unconscious self in his arms, his heart beating so fast it felt as if it was about to jump out of his chest.

He's carrying me bridal style with a gun in his hand that's under me, his breathing ragged as he runs as fast as he can, making sure to look down at me every once in a while to make sure that I'm still awake.

But I know that I won't be for too long.

My eyes are fluttering shut without my consent as I slip in and out of consciousness and my body is numb, blood coating every part of it.

Wake up, stay awake.

You're safe now, Carl's here, you're safe, stay awake.

Don't you fucking shut your eyes, keep them open, keep them op-

" Luna! Luna, stay with me! " Carl's voice Echos in my ears, it's so faint but I can still hear it.

I try to speak up, but I can't, it's as if my lips have been superglued to one another, making it impossible to speak.

I cant move, I can't talk, and I can barely hear anything.

I'm trapped in my own body.

Tears continue to run down my cheeks as I keep my eyes on Carl, who looks back at me before pulling the trigger on a walker.

" stay with me, Luna, stay with me. I got you, you're okay " he says, his voice breaking at one point right as a tear of his own drips down onto my cheeks.

And with that, my eyes flutter shut on their own, ignoring my internal pleas to do anything but leave me in the dark.

•••

My eyes fly open and I'm met with a plain white ceiling hovering over my body that I'm slowly getting control of once again.

I sit up on the bed I had been laying on and look around me, eyes squinted as they try to adjust to the sudden change in brightness.

A variety of medical supplies trash the small room I'm in along with a bottle of water sitting on a small table beside me, calling my name.

Where the hell am I?

How did I get here?

Questions continue to roam my mind up until everything suddenly comes together, and a million images of every single thing I had gone through before I woke up start to come back to me.

Oh god.

Oh no.

" Luna " a very familiar voice pulls me out of my thoughts, every ounce of fear and anxiousness evaporating at the sight of him.

He stood at the doorway, lips slightly parted as he watches me stare at him, eyes threatening to push out my tears.

Without any hesitation, I ignore the dizziness and get up, slowly making my way up to Carl who immediately wraps his arms around me once I'm standing in front of him.

I throw my arms around his neck and close my eyes, a few tears rolling down my cheeks as i feel him pull me in tighter.

" I'm sorry " he whispers loud enough for me to hear and I quickly pull away, my fingers wrapped around his biceps as I shake my head.

" No, I'm sorry " i say, eyes glued to his own as I try to to comprehend the fact that he's here, right in front of me, again.

He flashes me a very faint smile, his hand on my cheek as his eye scans my face, his smile flattening when his eye finally goes down to my stomach, where I had been bleeding from earlier.

I look down and remove my hands from his biceps, placing them over my stomach in an attempt to cover the small blood stain that now coats my shirt.

" who did that to you? " Carl breaks the silence, his tone ever so soft yet threatening as he looks back up at me.

I gulp and shake my head.

" doesn't matter "

He perks an eyebrow of his up at me and I roll my eyes.

Here we go.

" Luna " he starts.

" Carl " I playfully reply, finally Causing him to giggle a little before rolling his eye at me.

" still annoying I see " he says and I laugh.

And it was the most genuine laugh I've let out in a very long time.

••••