Nishinoya x Shy! Male Reader

Start from the beginning

"I thought r-receiving was just ducking with your hips and keeping your arms stretched out to hit the ball," (M/N) murmured, clutching onto his brother's sleeve tightly. "Since when was rolling involved?"

Nishinoya gaped for a few seconds, cheeks dusting red as he looked up at the male. For someone so quiet and seemingly timid, that sass.. was incredibly hot to Noya. He was snapped out of reality when he heard Tsukishima and Sugawara snickering. "I-It's my special move!" He defensively exclaimed. His volume startled (M/N), who retracted further behind Ryuunosuke. "I'm one of the best liberos in the prefecture! And that's my special move, the Rolling Thunder!"

"Oh.. that's cool, I guess," (M/N) mumbled. He looked at his brother. "Can we go inside now? Or can I just leave.. I don't wanna do this anymore.."

Ryuunosuke laughed and slapped his brother's back. "No way dude! C'mon, let's head inside and get to work!"

(M/N) sighed and nodded, following the group inside. Nishinoya glanced at him from time to time, studying his behavior. He was definitely the opposite of Ryuu; he was quiet, shy, a bit more sassy, and cuter than his brother. Don't get Noya wrong - Ryuu was his best friend, and was attractive. But that was no homo. (M/N), to Noya, on the other hand? Oh, he felt very, very homo for him.
They all got back to practicing, and after (M/N) had changed, he joined Ryuu in spiking practice. (M/N) didn't play volleyball, but he did help his brother practice at home a lot. (M/N) was about to work with Ryuu on receives, but their spikes were soon received by a certain libero.

"Woo! (M/N), you've got a strong spike!" Noya praised, standing up and rubbing his arms. "You should join the team! I bet you could even take Ryuu's spot as the next ace!"

"Hey, I don't think so you lil punk!" Ryuu growled, causing (M/N) to roll his eyes and walk away. But Ryuu noticed how hard his best friend was trying to get his brother's attention, and decided to help out. "Hey (M/N), I'm gonna help.. uh, Hinata! You should practice those receives with Noya!"

"Wait, no, don't leave me-!" (M/N) whispered in a panicked squeaked, but Ryuu had already run off. He turned to Noya and sighed. "Fine.. let's do this, I-I guess.."

Noya grinned and got into position. With each of (M/N)'s spikes, he effortlessly received it. Even when the Tanaka sibling tried different techniques, Noya was able to receive it. (M/N) would be lying if he were to say he wasn't pumped up. But he'd never let that show - he would just nod and embarrassedly praise the libero. Nothing more.
Soon, practice ended. Ryuu was picking up some stray volleyballs, and as he tossed them in a basket, he saw Noya. But Noya didn't see him, no no. Nishinoya was staring at (M/N) from afar, who was quietly talking with Ennoshita. Ryuu smirked. 'So, Noya's keeping an eye on my brother, eh? Then it's my duty as best friend and as best brother to help 'em out!'

The next day, (M/N) and Ryuu were walking to school again. "You know, we have a game coming up soon," the wing spiker said with a small smirk. "You think you can come?"

"To your game..?" (M/N) murmured. He rubbed his neck nervously. "But that's s-so many people.. and your team will see me.. sounds embarrassing.."

"Please?! Pleaseeeee?! PLEASEEEEEE-!"

"Okay okay, just quiet down!" (M/N) yelped, slapping a hand over his brother's lips. "Jeez.. why are you so loud?"

"Great!" Ryuu laughed. They began to walk in silence, until he decided to speak again. "So.. anybody you liked from the team yesterday~?"

"Uh, I guess Ennoshita was cool.."

"Okay.. and what about Noya?"

(M/N) thought back to the short libero of the team and found himself growing flustered. "W-What about him?" He mumbled, nervously fidgeting with his sleeves. "He was c-cool. And his receives were really f-fast.. and he's c-cu- wait, what am I saying?!" He yelled, hiding his face in his hands.