Tsukishima x Male Reader

💘 / 💔
AU: if your soulmate is listening to music, it'll be stuck in your head till they stop listening to it.
warning!!: suicide attempt. (READ THE PSA AT THE END.)
tsukki wears headphones like 24/7 so likeeee let's go-
presented by: sleeping tsukki lol

)tsukki wears headphones like 24/7 so likeeee let's go-presented by: sleeping tsukki lol

Tsukishima did not understand his soulmate. Their music tastes were beyond bizarre. He sat on the bench during his break in volleyball thinking about that, frowning and staring at the ground. "Tsukishima!" He looked up, scoffing as Hinata ran over. "What's up with you? You're not as snarky as usual!"

"It's none of your business," the blonde replied, standing up and taking his water bottle. "I'll be back. I'm going to refill my bottle," he announced, walking away.

"Okay, be careful!"

He rolled his eyes and kept walking, heading to the faucet outside. As he filled his water bottle, he heard a sudden blast of music. He winced, rubbing his head. He ignored it at first, then just gave in and listened as he watched the running water.

Don't blame me for fallin'
I was just a little boy
Don't blame the drunk caller
Wasn't ready for it all
You can't blame me, darling
Not even a little bit
I was away
And I'm just an arrogant son of a bitch
Who can't admit when he's sorry

"Tch. How cheesy," he remarked as he walked back into the gym. The song continued on in his mind, and he caught himself slowly tapping his foot to the beat. "I'm really starting to hate this whole soulmate thing.."

"Hm? Why Tsukki?" Yamaguchi worried. "Is your soulmate playing something weird?"

"They're probably playing something like 'iNtEriOr cRoCoDiLe aLliGaTOr-!'" Tanaka hollered before getting smacked by Sugawara and Ennoshita, which caused Nishinoya to laugh.

Tsukishima groaned, nearly thankful when his soulmate decided to turn up the volume of their music.

~~~

Just a little chunk of hope
Keeps me going, keeps me going every day
(Keeps me going every day)
I hope that one day
Things will change
But a little chunk of hope
Keeps me going, keeps me going every day

"Seriously?" Tsukishima complained as he held his head in his hands. For some reason, this was just not his week. Their soulmate was playing the peppiest, cheeriest songs known to mankind. "I enjoy Jack Stauber as the next person, but Hope? Really?!"

The next day, it was the same story. He sat at his desk, eyes shut as he listened to the song playing. It wasn't as bad as the rest, but it wasn't his cup of tea. Still, the lyrics intrigued him.

Pretty face with pretty bad dreams
No one knows I cry in my sleep
Waking up feeling like shit
It's a normal thing to feel like this
I don't care
I'm feeling down
I wanna stay home
Never go outside
Summer depression comes every year
I just want to disappear