Kyotani x Shy! Reader

☁️
this one's a request from LittlePureWolf !
presented by: hot mf

☁️this one's a request from LittlePureWolf ! presented by: hot mf

"Kyotani, you need to stop scowling like that. You'll have frown lines when you're older."

Kyotani rolled his eyes at Yahaba as they walked to practice. "Whatever you say, cream puff," he grunted.

"I'm not a cream puff!" Yahaba whined, glaring at his friend. Yes, you would not believe your eyes - these two are actually friends. Kyotani kind of had to respect Yahaba after the whole 'slamming him against a wall' incident. "You know, I heard that Oikawa brought in a new recruit. Apparently he just transferred here from another school."

"I don't give a crap about what that flat-assed captain does," Kyotani replied, shoving his hands in his pockets. "As long as this newbie doesn't fuck up the flow of the team and knows what he's doing, then whatever. It's fine I guess."

"You know, for the next vice captain of this team, you're a shitty team player," Yahaba scoffed as he opened the doors to the gym. He took a step inside, then froze. Kyotani bumped into his back and growled. "Dude.. Kunimi's actually smiling.. and I think it's 'cause of the newbie!"

Kyotani didn't believe that. Kunimi rarely ever smiles; the last time he did see him smile was during their last game.
He pushed past Yahaba and looked around. But sure enough, the second-year setter was right. Kunimi was poorly hiding a smile behind his hand as he spoke to an unfamiliar male. The two looked up, and immediately, Kunimi's smile fell. But that wasn't what Kyotani was looking at - he was looking at the boy next to him.

He had (S/C) skin, cheeks painted with a faint blush, lips forming an uneasy smile. He had (H/L) (H/C) locks, which neatly framed his face. His (E/C) eyes had an adorable light in them.

"Ah, Mad Dog, Yahaba! Perfect timing!"

'Fuck me, I hate it here,' Kyotani thought as he sighed and turned to Oikawa, who was strutting over. "Who's the newbie?" He asked with a tone of annoyance, cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh, right!" Oikawa grinned. He looked at the new boy, who squeaked and gripped Kunimi's arm. "Come over here!" He yelled. Kunimi looked at the newbie and nodded, patting his back. The boy timidly approached, keeping his head down. "Guys, this is (L/N) (M/N)! He just transferred from..!"
As Oikawa went on to explain where (M/N) had come from and his position, Kyotani glanced at the quiet male. He had began to fidget with his shirt and looking around.

"KyoKen, did you get all that?"

"Huh?" Kyotani looked back at Oikawa, cocking an eyebrow. "No."