LV

"Yes?" I finally asked tentatively. It answered in a feminine, mechanic voice.

"The General would like to see you"

-------

Everything hinged on what would happen in the next minutes

I shiver as the droid and I walk through the hallways, a claustrophobic feeling engulfs my hobbling body, a small sigh of anxiety leaps out of my mouth. Tersely, my eyes flicker from person to person, a hum of suspicion in their faces.

I felt like I was being watched.

As we walked through the foyer, Maree, the girl who is usually manning the door flashed me a quick smile. Followed by a frown, questioning why I was back at the office.

I shrugged her off as the silver tin droid held the door open for me to walk through.

"Thank you" I mumbled as I came around the corner. The door shut slowly behind me and I crept in quietly. A pair of hushed voices were in a private conversation.

I peered around the corner and there stood Leia and Poe in the centre of the room in a deep chat. Poe snapped his head round to me.

A muscle twitched in the corner of his eye, his mouth formed into a rigid grimace. Arms folded tightly over his broad chest as he watched me walk into the room. He distributed his weight onto the counter he was at by leaning his left hand against it.

Like hail on a glass pane, the drumming of his fingers was as relentless as it was loud. He pulled himself off the desk, his face stern with tension.

"I'll see to it when possible" he ripped his eyes away from mine and back to the General and gave her a curt not.

"General" I stepped away from the door and closer to the pair. A retired smile parted on Leia's wrinkled lips. She beckoned me forward with her hands.

"Come in"

Poe shoved past me, knocking my shoulder as he went. I watched his back storm out of sight, rubbing my shoulder were he barged it. I stepped to face Leia and she clasped her hands together before speaking.

"I understand you're having some-"

"Problems with Commander Dameron" she cut straight to the point taking me off guard

"What problems?" I tried to act oblivious but Leia let out a croaky laugh and stood up from the desk and hovered towards me.

"I'm no fool Skye" she finished her quick laugh and looks into my eyes, seeing past my soul. I wriggled under her intense stare, trying to avoid her eyes.

"You drive eachother up the wall yet you can't stay away from one another, correct?" She tilted her head to the side and a thoughtful frown pinched her creased forehead together. I felt myself freeze in my place, did she know?