XXXVIII

My thumb lay on the trigger.

"Skye! Drayson!? Can you hear me I said come back" -Poe started to sound impatient- "what are you doi-"

Click.

---------------

A single red blast flew through the air.

A bright crimson flash of flames licked the air. Lora's X-Wing started to tumble and lean to one side.

It hit the wing.

I pulled back into reality. And the muffled shouts in my ear came clearer. My mind fogged, a thin line of sweat started to seep on my skin.

"Lora perform an emergency landing- NOW" Poe cried out in the comm, behind him I heard worried mumbles. I watched ahead of me. Lora was trying to balance the jet out so it didn't crash into the trees.

I bit down on my lip as she clumsily landed into the hangar, sparks clipped the floor beneath her as she tumbled down. I followed behind, landing safely. With a heavy pant I pulled off my helmet and threw it to the floor.

What did I just do.

I scrambled out of the cockpit and jerked my head to the borderline crash landing. Lora was crawling out of the cockpit with a mottled gash on her leg making her limp. Everyone was crowding round her, someone had already called the crew to tame the fire burning at the wing of the jet.

I heard concern coming from everyone as they lowered her on to a stretcher and started to carry her to the medical wing. Lora cried out a piercing shriek and clutched her thigh. As they rushed past guilt flooded my every being. That wasn't me. That can't have been. Sure, I was pissed but I wouldn't go out of the way to kill someone.

I was staring at the door where everyone walked out. Siena was with them, I felt my heart shatter when she gave me a disappointed look. Something in the corner of my eyes caught my attention.

Poe was storming towards me with his fists clenched raw and white. I felt myself take a few steps back, worried about what he was going to do. His messy curls tangled as he ran his hand through it.

With each stride I felt my body tense up, body immobile. He stopped abruptly in front of me and his fists de-clenched.

"Skye what the fuck-" he hissed and sharply pointed to where Lora was being carried away. My lip wobbled and I looked down to my feet.

"You do not let your personal opinions get in the way of work" he explained harshly. His words pricked at me like a million sharp needles.

"Please you have to understand th-"

He raised his hand to stop me.

"I don't want excuses Skye, not now"

"It was Ren- he was in my head and-" my voice cracked and hiccuped over each word as I fought back and oncoming tears. Poe started to laugh in disbelief.

"Don't use all this 'its the force' shit on me kid" he growled making me want to curl up in a ball. He looked at me up and down with disgust, like I was the most hideous thing he'd ever seen.

He stood up tall and started to walk away.

"Since when did you become such an ass" I spat, Poe didn't look back.

"Since forever"

He continued to walk away. My eyes narrowed at his words. My teeth gritted together and I took in a sharp breath. Usually, it would be soothing but it felt like shards of glass scraping down my neck.

Tears threatened to leak from my eyes. And one by one they did. The salty drop rolled into my parted lips.

"At least your aim is good"

I shot my head at the familiar voice and wiped the tear away. Aaram was behind me leaning up against a wall, when we met eyes he walked to stand opposite me.

"Didn't quite kill her though" he chuckled, his tone was weirdly playful. He looked down at me and bore into my eyes. His chuckle turned into a deep throaty laugh.

I looked up at him and my brow knitted together.

"At what point was any of this funny" i hissed which made me laugh harder.

"The part where you didn't believe me" he stated as if it were obvious. His laugh died down. I opened my mouth to protest but lost the words.

"I've known him my whole life rags" he referenced to Poe.

"Ladies man Dameron" his said with his hands acting as speech marks and laughed and looked down into my eyes. His were soft and oddly calming.

"I just-"

"Thought you could trust him?" He finished my sentence and I nodded.

"That's Poe for you, can't resist a pretty face" He offered a sorry smile and looked down slightly were he saw me fiddling with my thumb.

"Can't see what he's missing when it's right under his nose" Aaram mumbled and hesitantly held my hand were the burn scar was.

He ran his fingers across the marks.

"What happened?"

I watched as his hand smoothly traced my scars. I was frozen in my spot. An odd comfort spread from his touch and rose in my body.

"Oh" I pulled my hand away and held it to my chest.

"First Order" my spine shivered at the horrific memory. Kotrana. Flames. Kylo Ren....

"It's beautiful" he mused still looking down at my hand. My eyes widened in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"I said it's beautiful"

"Oh... thanks?" I was startled by the odd compliment. But Aaram didn't seem affected by my half hearted answer.

"Why are you being nice to me" i was genuinely curious. I tilted me head to the side and watched him think. His soft light brown hair looked like layers of smooth chocolate. He frowned slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"Every time we've spoken, you have never had anything nice to say- why now?"

"Figured you could use a friend" Aaram simply shrugged. My mind hovered over it for a minute. Aaram? A friend? I don't know...

"Thank you" my lips threatened to curve into a smile. I didn't know what I was thanking him for- but it felt right.

"No problem rags"

-------

i know it's short and awful sorry:(

and boring

x