LI

"I'm glad you're back kid"

"Glad to be back flyboy"

---(BACK IN 1ST PERSON)---

"Easy, easy"

"I'm quite capable of handling myself" I pushed his hands away, gripping tight on the edge of the bed with my feet dangling over the floor.

"I know that, I'm just trying to help" he whined. Mid standing I glared searing holes into his smug face.

"Who let you in here again?"

"Myself"

"Brilliant" I hissed through scraping teeth, I leant my body weight on my left arm trying to pull myself up from the bed.

"Are you even qualified to help?" I asked, a puzzled frown pinching my face together. Poe's laugh started to grow.

"I passed first aid in training" he defended his cause, crossing one leg over the other in a casual stances

"That's reassuring- you can put a band aid on a small graze" I mused, he rolled his eyes and started to laugh deeply, his voice rumbling up the walls.

"And do CPR," he added as he finished chuckling.

"Helpful, let me just stop breathing and you can put your skills to the test" I crooned, sarcasm crumbled off my words, falling onto Poe making him retort.

"You've only been awake a week and already insulting me"

"You're welcome" I pulled myself up, feeling triumphant for a brief second before not so elegantly falling back down onto the bed. Poe stayed back, arms crossed, in the shadow I could feel him writhing.

"Where did the sass come from?" He tilted his head

"It was too good for the First Order so I've been saving it just for you" my voice lathered in a sickenly sweet mask.

"Watch your mouth" he spat, unwrapping his arms and slinging them infront of my in a pointing gesture. I bored at his pointing hand blankly, unamused.

His hand fell to his side and he rolled his eyes back again.

"Just let me help you" he pleaded, wincing along with me as if he felt my pain.

"Not much use Dameron"

"Commander" he snapped, folding his arms over his chest.

"Commander" once again, I mocked his authority. He insisted being called his title recently claiming 'it made him feel better about himself' which of course, I made fun of.

"Just-" I flapped his hands away from me and felt a piercing pain humming on my rib. When my face scrunched into a frown, Poe was right back at my side with his arms hovering under me for support.

"I can do it" I shot back at him, he took a step back and held his hands up in mock surrender, watching me grit my teeth as I stood up.

The lurking pain is warm, but not in a good way. It's as if someone stuck their hand around my inside and scrunched it up as hard as they could.

When I thought I had balance, I took my hands off the bed to stand alone. My whole body tucked in on its self and I shook to the floor.

Poe grabbed my arms and pulled me back up to get my balance. I glanced up to his eyes and they gleamed in a smug light.

"Clearly"

"Gods you're annoying" I averted my eyes and concentrated on not falling again.

"Ditto kid" a smirk grew on his lips and I snapped my head around, eyes narrowing in a death stare.