Return

Percy
As I fall Chaos talks with me and Exo,"Seek out Tartarus, he will help you".
I'm a little confused,"Didn't he try to kill me last time I encountered him?".
Exo seems impressed that I got out alive and Chaos tells us both,"He was being influenced by Gaea when you met him, he's actually quite mellow unless threatened".
With these thoughts I fall down, deeper and deeper into the darkness. I keep picturing Artemis and I remember my promise,"I will come back to you, no matter what".
****
Artemis
It's been a year since Percy disappeared. I haven't attended any of the council meetings, but I know that monster attacks have been increasing with demigods. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Yperifánia,"Milady there is a monster here that wishes to see you, he says that he has a message from Percy".
I'm out of my tent and there sits a hellhound, now I know it's Percy. It releases a scroll from its mouth and bounds into a shadow. I open the scroll and it states,"I will be returning soon luv. Be ready, and attend the next council meeting if you want a surprise".
I can't help but feel the overwhelming hope, that doesn't go unnoticed by Thalia and Nico and I show them the scroll. After they've read it I can see the hopeful expressions on their faces. They miss him as much as I do. When I'm ready I flash to Olympus and the Sins follow me since they've protected us with everything they have. After Percy jumped into Tartarus they've become stronger than most gods minor gods and even some Olympians, and have used their power to keep us safe. When I arrive I sit in my throne, trying not to be noticed. I see a each god has one of their children sitting at their feet and Zeus is talking,"Hades, why have you called this meeting?".
My uncle looks nervous,"It's because of the pit. The monsters they whisper of the resurrection of the "Chosen One" and the "Fallen Hero". The pit has grown restless and has put out more energy than it ever has. I don't know-" and is interrupted by a surge of power that shakes the very foundation of the earth and a voice shouting,"Risen is the Fallen Hero! He has returned! Rejoice for the one chosen by Chaos has returned! The Bane of Kronos and Gaea! The Savior of Olympus! The Champion of Hestia! The Son of Tartarus! The Burdened Primordial! The Demon and Wolf Kings! The Defender of the Betrayed and Innocent, and the guardian of the moon! Such is the fate of him, spun by Ananke the Primordial of Fate".
A black flame in the image of a wolf appears in the middle of the throne room and the flames create the outline of two figures. One is Exo the demon, and the other is him. I feel tears in my eyes as he steps forward. Percy Jackson, with the symbol of Chaos glowing faintly on his chest along with the symbol of the Wolf King on his arm, and his black wings spread out. His hair has grown longer but is still messy. His eyes now seem to glow with different colors and have a hardened gleam in them, and his scythes now hang from his back along with the twin swords he wears on both hips. Everyone is staring at him and he smiles,"Miss us?".
****
Percy
When we landed in Tartarus we walked a little, and drank a bit from the Phletegon so we could continue. Eventually we found that if I merged with Exo I wouldn't have to drink the fire water and monsters wouldn't bother us. Chaos guided us to the shrine I found last time I was here and I see a small ball of fluff sitting on the altar,"Small Bob!" and the kitten races to me, sits on my head, and purrs.
Exo is looking at me from inside my head like I'm crazy,"You know that cat?".
I tell him about what happened last time I was down here and my fists clench when I mention Annabeth and I feel a ache in my chest when I mention Bob. When I finish telling the story there's a flash of light and a plate of spaghetti and meatballs appear, Exo gets that. As he finishes a plate of hamburger appears. I eat some and give the rest to Small Bob and all three of us get some sleep. I wake up from a dreamless sleep and walk out silently, leaving the others to their peace. Outside stands the god of the pit, Tartarus. I reach for my scythes when I remember what Chaos told me and pull my hands back,"So are you here to train us?" I try to casually ask.
The old primordial laughs,"In a way, yes. I will be training you with your shadowfire and demon control".
By now Exo and SB are up and Exo scowls,"I thought I gave him perfect control after we fought".
Tartarus nods,"Yes you did. But he must work with you to draw out the full potential for both of you. After we're done I will send you to Nyx for training with shadows".
I ask,"Why can't we just leave? What prevents us?".
Tartarus grimaces,"An ancient threat has arisen. If you leave now everything you know will be destroyed, including the Hunters".
That's all it took for me to agree. We trained with Tartarus for 600 years. Time moves faster in the pit so 100 years was equivalent to one normal month. Exo and I became close to Tartarus, but I was closer. During our training he offered to become our father, so we accepted and gained his blessings and powers. When we had completed training Exo was crowned the Demon King, and no monster would confront us but sometimes they did favors for me. I wanted to make the campers suffer for betraying me so I instructed the monsters to do a focused attack on Camp Half Blood. Before we left to be trained by Nyx Tartarus told us of a prophecy that had been spoken about us, how we would either save the world, or give in to our hatred and destroy everything. We both promised to visit our father as often as possible and went to Nyx. When we trained with Nyx we worked on bending the shadows and everything related to darkness, including my partial transformations, like the one I used on Hyperion. She and Exo seemed to hit it off and I caught them making out a few times when they thought I wasn't around. When we were ready to leave I was given my swords and Exo was given a spiked chain that looked like a wicked piece of metal. Both were capable of making a immortal fade, if we cut them deep enough. We both had to use a little of our power to get out of dad's home and that caused a earthquake, so we also agreed to make a entrance. It was Exo who came up with the fire wolf. Now I'm staring at everybody's shocked expression, until my eyes find Artemis and I smile,"Miss us?".