Confessions

Percy
After Artemis calms the Hunters down we find a spot for the night, and Alexa practices her powers by summoning a tent made of shadows for her while I sleep outside. Halfway through the night hellhounds, about 20 of them, charge the camp and the Hunters race out of their tents to see me summon a fire ring and take care of 15 of the hellhounds and stare as the mark of the Wolf King glows on my fur and reaches all over my body. The hounds bow and say into my head,"We are sorry Lord, we did not know you protected them".
I tell them,"That's alright. Would you like to travel with us?".
They all accept and I make them immortal and increase their powers. You can tell they are loyal to me by the red glow that surrounds them and my symbol on their side, but a little different. All the Hunters gawk as I lead my new comrades back to the tents and see Artemis smiling, trying not to laugh. I would be blushing if I was in my human form.
****
Artemis
I'm trying so hard not to laugh as I watch my Hunters staring at Percy being followed by his five new friends, and I myself am a little in awe at his new powers. I look as he leaves, and even in wolf form he is handsome. His eyes are captivating. Wait.....where the Hades are these thoughts coming from?! I can't be falling for him can I? I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Thalia,"My Lady, who is that really? He seems familiar.".
"He should Thalia. He was a very good friend of Percy's." and at her cousin's name her face becomes a mask of anger.
She shouts out,"That scumbag?! Why would Fóvos be friends with him?!?".
I try not to strangle her while I answer,"Because Percy helped him when he was young, saved his life even, and was the only one who would be his friend when everyone abandoned him just because he was different." and with that I go back to my tent and think.
In the journal he gave to Hades Percy had written about meeting the Fóvos before him, the previous Wolf King. He also wrote about how he was his only friend when everyone had abandoned him, and how Fóvos had pulled him from the edge of madness and before Kronos could gain control. He also included Fólvos deciding Percy would become his successor. With these thoughts I go to sleep wondering about how Percy and Alexa will do in the Hunt.
****
Percy
The next morning I wake up and as the Hunters gather around for breakfast. I lower my head as a red aurora surrounds me and everyone is staring as I summon enough food to feed a army. Alexa is on the ground laughing as every Hunter and even Artemis looks on in shock. And all this reminds me of camp, and I leave out the back and head down to the lake where no one can see me cry. I shift out and into my normal form with my scythes hanging on my back and cry, my tears making ripples on the lake when I hear a twig snap,"Come out, my wolf hearing caught you.".
I slip on my mask as Thalia steps out,"Why are you crying?".
I answer,"Because the memories of a horrible place came back and the memories of the people who threw me aside. You can't guess but I was about to go insane when I met my predecessor, my name sake, Fóvos the previous Wolf King.". Thalia asks where this place was and I tell her a place that the people would find it hard to forget me.
She asks,"Why did you leave?".
I tell my cousin in a dark voice,"Because they cast me aside after I had given everything for them, like I was a tool that wasn't needed. Even my own father tried to kill me, but I overcame him and defeated him. My patrons Hestia and Chaos have been good to me along with Hades and Hepheastus though".
****
Thalia
In my head I am asking myself what it would take a man to earn Lady Artemis's respect so I approach her tent and knock. And after a moment I come in,"Lady Artemis who is Fóvos actually?" and I notice her tense up.
She answers slowly,"He is a man who has led a hard life, and has earned my respect. If he wants you to know who he is he will tell you himself, but I can't".
****
Artemis
At dinner Percy summons up more food and again retreats from the tent when he thinks nobody notices, but I follow. I follow him to a clearing where I see him summon his five hellhounds and disperse them each in a different direction when he says,"I know your there Artemis." and I step out.
I look at him and blush a little,"Why did you leave the mess tent? I'm worried about you Percy".
He shifts out of wolf form and I feel my breath catch. The moonlight makes him look like a god, with his black hair, green and gold eyes, and toned body he looks perfect and I am blushing furiously.
"The memories of camp and the experiences are to fresh. And the killer is that I still feel loyalty to them even though they betrayed me!" and he starts crying.
Before I know it I'm giving him a hug,"It's okay Percy, no one here will hurt you, I'm here for you".
When he looks up I can see the broken look in his eyes, the hatred, and the sorrow. Without even meaning to, I kiss him. He stiffens and when I was beginning to panic he kisses me back, and I melt into his arms. When we pulled apart he breathlessly tells me,"I love you, Artemis." and I tell him,"I love you too, Percy".