Chapter 51

"How would I go about contacting Ethan's family. Hypothetically." I asked I wiped off the diner countertops as Lucas sat eating a burger. "Why?" He asked with his mouth full making me sigh.

"Is there some type of hotline? Or bat signal I am supposed to beam into the sky?" I joked not wanted to answer him making him chuckle. "I can take you to where they all... work." Lucas replied trying to find the right words making me frown.

"I just need an address." I stated making him smile amused. "They don't do addresses." He stated making me roll my eyes.

"Why?" Lucas asked again making me turn around to place the cleaning supplies under the counter. "No reason. Just wondering." I replied before a customer walked in making me walk away before he could protest.

"You better not be planning anything. Their family doesn't like confrontation if they didn't insinuate it first." Lucas stated as I came back from giving the customer her order. "I'm not planning anything." I lied not looking at him as I poured him more coffee.

"Hey." Chloe breathed as she walked in shaking her coat off. "How was your holiday?" She asked making me smile softly remembering Ethan and I's news on Christmas.

"Great." I replied honestly making her smile until she saw Lucas. "Oh, hey. I'm Chloe." She said to him making him nod. "Lucas." He replied before taking a sip of his coffee.

"What's with you bringing all kinds of hot guys to work?" Chloe joked as she tied on her apron making Lucas smirk and I rolled my eyes. "I had no choice this time." I replied annoyed making Lucas chuckle to himself.

This past week Ethan has insisted that someone always be with me while I am at home or work since finding out I am pregnant. I know his heart is in the right place, but I can't help but feel annoyed. At Ethan, Lucas and Colton and the occasional unfamiliar man sent to watch my every move to make sure I am okay.

Lucas and Colton all just think it is just Ethan being his usual paranoid self not wanting me to get kidnapped again. Especially now that his whole family knows I know all about all of them.

"So, I am assuming everything is okay with you and Ethan." Chloe said snapping out of my thoughts. I frowned before realizing I had told her we were in a rocking situation a few weeks ago.

"Yeah, we're fine." I replied making her smile softly before a couple walked in making her seat them. "She's hot." Lucas stated as he finished eating making me roll my eyes.

"I'm sure Allison would be very pleased to hear you say that about Chloe." I replied sarcastically making him chuckle. "I can't have eyes?" He replied making me roll my eyes again.

"Allison doesn't have anything to worry about. Chloe isn't interested in men... like you. Believe me." I replied through an amused chuckle debating on if I should tell him she is gay. "She said I was hot." Lucas stated as I picked up his empty plate making me chuckle.

"She can't have eyes?" I replied amused making Lucas roll his eyes as he fought his smile. "When are you off?" He whined as I placed his plate on the other counter.

"Half hour." I replied making him roll his eyes. "Can't you just bail then?" Lucas asked making me roll my eyes as I walked over to him again.

"No, I can't just bail." I replied making him groan in annoyance. "Why do you have somewhere to be?" I asked starting to feel bad for taking up his time.

"I have a date with Alli soon." Lucas stated before taking a swig of his coffee making me frown. "Then just go. I'm off soon and Colton is meeting me at home anyway." I said making him shake his head making me interrupt him as he started to reply.