Chapter 21

"Let's go to a party." Ian said to me as I mixed brownie batter. "The both of us? Together?" I asked in fake shock making Ian roll his eyes as he watched tv.

"You need to get out. After you and Ethan broke up you have spent all your time baking. Or at work." He stated making me frown as I looked away from him. "Partying isn't my idea for fun." I stated making him roll his eyes again.

"It'll be fun. I'll drive so you can get waisted." Ian said making me look up at him. "You don't know how to drive." I stated making him pause the movie to walk towards me in the kitchen.

"Trevor has been teaching me. So, I can drive for when I get a job." He said making me smile weakly. "You could have asked for me to teach you." I said making him shrug as he sat at the stool across from me.

"You're busy and besides you suck at driving." Ian joked making me scoff trying to fight my smile. "No, I don't!" I defended in fake hurt making him laugh.

After a few seconds of him chuckling I threw a handful of batter at his face instantly making him stop. Ian wiped off the batter before flicking it on the floor making me muffle my laughter.

It smeared all over his face making me let out my laugh before he did the same thing to me. The brownie batter landed on my chest making me look down in slight annoyance before Ian started laughing at me.

"Bitch!" I beamed through a smile making him laugh harder. "You're turn doing laundry then." I stated instantly making him stop as he looked up a me away from my shirt covered in brownie batter.

"But you started it." Ian whined making me roll my eyes. "If you do all the laundry for... a month then I'll go to the party." I negotiated making him groan.

"Excuse me for trying to take you out of the house." He mumbled making me roll my eyes. "Fine then I will just leave you starving all month." I stated desperately not wanting to do the laundry.

"Fine." Ian groaned making me smile wide as I threw him a wet rag to clean his face. "When is it?" I asked him as I poured the remanding batter in a tin.

"Tomorrow." He said in a duh voice making me roll my eyes. "Why does it always have to be on a Friday? It's the busiest night at the diner." I whined making him chuckle as he walked over to the couch.

"You deserve a night out." Ian replied making me smile softly to myself before I placed the tin of the reminding brownie batter in the oven.

As I washed my hands there was a knock at the door making me stop. I walked over to the door as I dried my hands on the backs of my thighs before opening.

"Amelia Harding?" A man asked in a delivery uniform as he handed me a small box. "Yes." I answered making him hold out a small tablet for me to sign my name.

After he left, I closed the door and started walking back into the living room with the package. "Did you buy something?" Ian asked as I sat next to him opening the box. "No." I answered confused before I opened the folds of the box looking inside.

"This must be a mistake." I stated as I looked down at the dog food bag lying in the box. "But it has your name." He said looking at the label making me frown.

"Whatever. I'm going to take a shower." I replied as I stood up placing the box on the table.

I decided against trying to figure out why dog food was sent to my home in my name as I stepped under the warm water. I already had so much to think about I didn't need to add more to that list.

"Hey, Amelia. Are you going to the party tonight?" Rebecca asked me as I closed my locker. "Yeah." I replied with a tone showing I was obviously not as excited as her.