Chapter 35

(Warning: This chapter contains sexual content.)

"My parents are having a Christmas party." Ethan stated as we ate at the familiar diner he takes us to. I hummed in reply before I took a bite of my pancakes.

"Wait. When is Christmas?" I asked worried making him chuckle. "In a week. Didn't school giving us winter break remind you?" Ethan teased making me look away from him.

"No." I answered sadly as I looked down at my plate. "Do you want to be my date? Ian can come to." He asked as he ate making me clear my throat.

"Yeah. Maybe." I replied making him look up at me. "We don't have to go. We can do something else if you want." Ethan said noticing my features making me shake my head.

"N-No. It sounds nice. Sorry I just totally forgot about Christmas." I said as I finally looked up at him making Ethan nod. "They'll be happy to see you again. She keeps going on and on about the cupcakes you made." Ethan said in fake annoyance making me smile.

A few weeks ago, I stayed over at Ethan's house, but I had felt badly for what had happened with Tyler. So, I decided to make dozens of cupcakes for them all at an attempt to make things okay between us all. Maybe it was naive of me to think cupcakes would help Sarah over the fact that her longtime boyfriend was planning something so horrible.

But to my surprise it had worked not knowing how well they all liked the cupcakes I had made. Sarah and I are still friends but she is still having trouble getting over what had happened which is understandable.

Victor and I have become a lot closer these past few weekends of me staying over. To my surprise Cynthia is the one who is actually in charge of their 'family business'. Her and Victor had met in college and he had no idea about her and her family when they met. Which he and I both relate on making him share advice and stories on their relationship with me.

A few weekends ago Ethan made Sarah start taking me to her self-defense classes after what had happened. Of course, she was thrilled desperately wanting to learn more about me and help us truly become better friends. Something I never thought I would have.

"Amelia." Ethan said as he drove making me snap from my thoughts. "What are you thinking about?" He asked making me smile softly as I looked over at him.

"At how bad of a driver you are." I joked making him scoff through a smile as he rolled his eyes. "My Mom is still waiting for you to come over to teach them how to bake." Ethan stated making me chuckle.

"She was serious?" I asked making him laugh as he pulled into his driveway. "She keeps bugging me to tell you to come over." He said making me smile softly.

"That sounds fun. Tell her whenever she is free, I can come over." I said as we walked into his foyer. "Hi, Mr. Williams." I said to Victor making him roll his eyes as we walked into the living room.

He sat on the couch as he read before he saw us. "How many times have I told you to call me Victor?" He asked making me chuckle. "Apparently not enough." I joked making him laugh lightly before Ethan spoke.

"When is Mom coming home?" He asked making Victor shrug. "She said about ten, but you know how she can be." He answered as he looked back down at his book.

"I love that novel. It was one of my Father's favorites." I stated through a smile as he looked up at me. "He agreed that The Whale reflects many things, including our attempt to conquer nature. Also as a symbol of nature itself and our inability to conquer it without, first, losing our souls to the journey." I rambled as I burned my eyes into his book. Victor looked up at me impressed making me look away awkwardly.