Chapter 37

Sarah, her friends, and I were now on our way to the dance studio after a few hours of shopping. Nina continued to drive as I sat in the passenger seat staring out the window.

Snow continued to cover everything in its path making me smile softly. Decorative Christmas lights covered every house and lamp posts as we drove. I quickly started to think about Ian and I's Christmas with our parents when we were younger.

How we would go to the Christmas tree lot and buy the biggest but also the cheapest one we could afford. We would all decorate it together as my mother snuck in the occasional photo of us.

My Father would spend all day cooking as he patiently tried to teach my Mother. My Mother would eventually give up after maybe the third thing they made saying how difficult or annoying it was. She always preferred to bake instead of cooking because it had a set of instructions to follow. Cooking was mainly just the opinions of the person cooking it.

Every year Ian and I would get almost everything we wished for. But as I started to get older, I realized how my Mother would take as many shifts as she could before the holidays. How they would save all the money they could on using coupons and saving gas before Christmas came.

They would rather work and cut corners to save money just to give us the five or so things we really wanted all year. Once I figured that out, I knew just how much they loved us and loved seeing us happier than themselves.

My thoughts were cut off when I felt Nina turn off her car. "We're here!" Sarah beamed before they all exited the car. I was the last one out as I felt a strong cold breeze flow through me before we all started walking towards the building.

"Don't you take self-defense classes? Isn't that enough exercise?" I joked to Sarah making her laugh. "I take it as a necessity. This is just for fun." She answered making me nod before we walked inside.

There was a large desk with two entrances on either side of it. Inside the two doorways was one large exercise room. There were two glass doors on opposite walls of each other telling me those were the dance studios.

This building was definitely much more expensive and fancier then the one my parents used to take me to.

"Sarah! Nina!" A man called out to them making me jump as I snapped from my thoughts. "How are my two favorite customers doing?" He asked making them smile.

"We're fine, Joe. This is Amelia. We are just showing her your beautiful studio." Sarah beamed making the man smile brightly down at me. "Nice to meet you. I hope you'll love it here just as much as these two. I've given up on that one." Joe joked with a fake frown making Liv roll her eyes.

"You all know I have two left feet. And I would much rather get a workout in walking around a mall shopping." Liv stated making Nina laugh as Sarah and Joe rolled their eyes. "Whatever. I hope you have fun and feel free to come back! A friend of Sarah's is a friend of mine." Joe beamed before walking away into his office making me smile.

Once we walked into the empty dance studio my eyes widened. A crisp white covered the walls with windows across from the mirrors letting in beautiful natural lighting. Bars surrounded the perimeter of the rooms and bright clear mirrors touching the floor and ceiling.

"This place is amazing." I stated looking up at Sarah making her smile. "Yeah, I guess it is." Sarah confessed as she looked around.

A few hours passed as we all danced to the teacher's command. We were all sweaty with pieces of hair falling from our buns and ponytails.

"Great job ladies. That's a wrap." The young man said making us all relax as we started panting. "That was really fun." I stated breathless as I wiped my sweat with a towel Nina handed us.