Seventy five // drew

(Listen to Delicate by Damien Rice for a fuller experience, my loves)

I don't know why I keep checking my phone for new messages if I don't want to talk to anyone. I guess I still found some comfort in knowing they cared. Even if it didn't matter at the moment. Jason called multiple times and he and Drew wouldn't stop sending texts I didn't even bother reading. Lis called as well and even though I don't know how I feel about her, I also didn't answer. Did she lie to me as well? When we went shopping last Tuesday and she said she wasn't going much to Drew's apartment, was it true?

The thing about lies is that they make you doubt everything else that was once true and real.

Calum doesn't call. Or text. And to be honest, I also don't feel like talking to him by the time he gets home. It's past 3 in the morning when I hear the jingling of keys in the front door and even though I haven't slept at all, I still turn to my side with eyes closed and pretend to be sound asleep. His stumbling feet trip over his own shoes and Cal makes a lot of noise while entering the bedroom, clearly drunk. I crack my eyes open just enough to see him taking off his clothes, throwing it on the floor and joining me in bed. Calum tries to wrap his arms around my body and pull me to him but I pretend to shift in my sleep and break out from his grip. I don't want him to touch me right now, it only irritates me even more.
"I'm here now, baby" He mumbles into my hair, making my temper rise "Sweet dreams, my love"
I'm here now, baby. I replay the words in my head, growing even more annoyed by it.
Well, now it's of no use. Where were you when I actually needed you, Calum? Getting pissed drunk at some party with your friends and coming home to me later than late. In two minutes, I can hear his light snores beside me and this time, I can't help but groan out of frustration. Feeling my blood boil and wanting nothing more than hit Calum with the lamp on my nightstand, I get out of bed and march down the hallway, into the playroom. Duke follows me this time - which never happens when Cal is home - and I begin crying all over again.
"Thank you, Duke" I pet the puppy that is snuggling himself on my chest, giving me more love and support than anyone at the moment
This time, I eventually end up crying myself to sleep. I wake up to my alarm, set for earlier than usual since today I'm not taking Calum's car. I also don't want to see him this morning, so I make sure not to disturb his peaceful sleep as I get ready and out of the house.

I busy myself at work, not allowing to stop even for a glass of water. I ignore my phone, leaving it inside my purse and skip lunch for the day since I'm not hungry. It's almost 4p.m. when Cintia, the receptionist on our floor comes looking for me, saying there is a young man downstairs waiting for me.
"We can continue tomorrow" Clark tells me with a friendly smile "You can go, Georgia"
I nod, slightly disappointed and secretly wishing he would tell me I had to stay longer. I gather my things on my desk before heading downstairs and for once, I'm not excited to see Calum. I'm still mad at him even though he doesn't know half of the story. Much to my surprise, I'm greeted by a dark haired boy, waiting for me outside of the building but this one has green eyes, instead of chocolate ones.
"Drew"
"Can we talk? Please, G" He pleas "Jason is working at the club but he said we can meet him there. Just let me explain"
"I don't think there is anything to explain" I say, trying to walk past him but Drew is quick to follow
"There is and I need to tell you so you can forgive me" His voice is desperate but I'm too mad to care "You are my family, Gia. More than Derek, even. But he is my blood and I can't turn my back on him"
I stop in my tracks to study his features. Drew is a terrible liar, has always been one, and I can easily tell when he's being honest. Which, right now, he is.
"What I did was wrong, I know it and I'm so sorry but please just hear me out" He practically begs "Let's meet Jason at the golf club and talk about it"
"Okay" I nod, taking him by surprise "Let's talk"
Drew offers me a half smile and gestures for me to follow him. We walk among the people on the sidewalk in silence until we reach the car. Jason's classic and old car which he never allows Drew to drive - unless it's an emergency. I say nothing but my face must've given away my thoughts since he is quick to explain:
"It was an emergency"