Twenty nine // surreal

Day #3

On the third day, I wake up to the smell of homemade pancakes. Calum enters the room carrying a tray with my favorite food and although I asked him to let me sleep, I don't complain. It smells heavenly and I decide that having Calum bring me breakfast in bed is my new favorite way to start the day. He is fresh out of the shower smelling like soap and looking kind of boyish with his messed wet hair. We eat while making plans for the day and talking about life in general. Calum is spending the day helping Mali with last minute details for her party tonight while I'll be with my boss trying to contact new possible clients.

"Can you drop me by their hotel?" I ask Calum once we finish our breakfast

"Oh, so now you want a ride?" He teases me making me roll my eyes

"I can call Elijah" I tease back immediately laughing of his reaction

"Yes, Gia. I can drop you by your boss' hotel"

"Thank you" I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before getting up and heading to take the dishes to the kitchen

"So what time do you need to start getting ready for the party?" Calum asks making me realize he has followed me

"Mali's party?" I confirm "Are you okay with me going?"

"What?" He lets out a nasal laugh "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

I place the tray on the kitchen counter and proceed to wash the plates and glasses. Calum must've cleaned this morning because the living room is tidy with no trace of last night's bottles or cups.

"I don't know. Maybe you want to enjoy the party with your sister" I say with my back turned to him

I think back to Jack's party, the one he didn't invite me for some reason.

"Gia, I invited you to stay here so we could spend more time together" Calum walks up to stand beside me leaning on the kitchen counter "I want you to go tonight"

"Okay" I smile at him with a curt nod and Calum laughs at me

"Why is everything so difficult with you?" He says before kissing my temple

"Well, just because you invited me to stay here doesn't mean you want to spend every second of every day with me" I explain my odd behavior "Maybe you got bored or something"

"How could I get bored of you?" He's still laughing like Jason does when I talk nonsense "G, if you were a song you would be one of those 80's classics that you can listen everyday on repeat and never get tired of it"

Does he really mean that? Its unusual but still such a nice thing to say to someone.

"You think I'm a 80's classic?"

"You are" He nods "Gia, trust me. If I didn't want to see you anymore, you would know"

"Yeah?" I eye him confusedly "You would kick me out? Or you would stop replying to my texts?"

"I wouldn't have invited you to stay here in the first place" He patiently reasons with me "Now, what time do you need to start getting ready for the party?"

"I don't know. I don't even know what I'm gonna wear" I say while thinking about my options. I didn't pack anything party worthy "Maybe like 6 p.m."

"Okay" He chuckles and helps me with the dishes

I made plans to meet my boss in his hotel at 2p.m. so Calum tells me to get ready because he wants to show me something before that. I love that he lets me take my own time while getting ready and doesn't keep knocking on the door to rush me like Jason and Drew. Calum takes me to a cute street fair in Soho where we take a bunch of pictures and walk freely around the busy streets. We eat stuffed brownies, stop to see a young man playing saxophone and spend a lot of time inside a music store because  Calum is fascinated in old vinyl records. We have lunch in a small jazz café before he has to drive me to The Beaumont to meet my boss.