Thirty five // couple

Day #8

"That's a nice view to wake up to"

I look over my shoulder to see Calum entering the kitchen with the cutest sleepy face ever. I'm standing by the sink trying to make us breakfast wearing nothing but his T-shirt because I know he likes it.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask resting my hands on his bare chest as Calum wraps his arms around me

"Like a baby" He pecks my lips "But I like it better when I wake up and you're still in bed"

"Thought I'd make us some breakfast for a change" I tell him gesturing the pan on the stove "Bacon and eggs on toast because that's all I can cook"

"It's good enough for me"

Calum says before kissing my temple. I watch as he pours himself a cup of black coffee and sits on the counter to keep me company as I finish frying the bacon. Calum rests his head on the side of the fridge looking only half awake. I shut down the stove and set the table for us.

"Why did you wake up so early?" I ask playing with his hair "You look tired"

His eyes remain closed but a shy smile creeps its way to his lips.

"Thanks, you look good too" He teases making me laugh

"Tired but cute" I give him a quick kiss on the lips "Why don't you go back to bed?"

"You weren't there anymore so I came to look for ya" He says making me want to squeeze his face

Can he be any cuter? Calum sounds like a 6 year old that went to his mom's bedroom because he's afraid of the dark and right now its almost impossible to picture him as the sexy man that can turn me on with only one look.

"Go get some rest. I'll be here when you wake up" I kindly say with a chuckle

I know I'd love to still be in bed with him but Clark wouldn't stop calling me this morning and I was afraid it'd wake Calum up. I'm giving myself a much deserved day off. After everything I had to hear my boss say yesterday, a good rest is more than welcome.

"I'm up now" Calum denies pulling me to stand between his legs "Let's enjoy the rest of the time we've got"

"Ten days never went by so quickly" I let out a sigh thinking how I wish I could stay another month here with him

"Luckily the next three months will too" He says before kissing my neck

I pull away of his embrace and tell Calum our breakfast will cool down if we don't eat. I know it's silly but I hate talking about the tour. It makes it too real. He quickly follows and sits in front of me on the table.

"Do you think your sister is free today?" I ask him as we start eating

"I think so" Calum says with his mouth full "Why?"

"She said we should hang out some day" I shrug "Do you think she really meant it?"

I watch him grab a napkin to wipe his mouth while laughing. Calum reaches for my hand and intertwines our fingers over the table.

"Why can't you believe that people like you?" He asks with a chuckle "If she didn't want to hang out with you, she wouldn't suggest it. Mali isn't like that"

I do believe that people like me. Some people at least. I just don't want to bother her.

"Maybe she's busy with the new album thing" I comment

"If she's busy, she'll tell you she's busy" Calum simply says "Don't over complicate things"

"I don't" I defend myself "I just don't want to seem pushy or needy"