Seventy one // frat party - Part 1

Calum's POV

I reach the ground floor and before Gia joins me at the building's entrance, I've already handed my card to the delivery guy. She really thought she could be faster than me? That's cute, babe. Georgia tries to protest but it's of no use. Her friends did a nice thing for her, throwing a small and intimate farewell party and this is my way of repaying the gesture. Gia nudges my side to give a group of students space to walk in, seeing as I'm blocking the doorway. I don't pay much attention to any of them until the last guy greets Gia, seeming a little too excited for my liking.
"Gia, fancy seeing you here. You've been missing lately" I hear the lad say, making my head snap his way almost immediately
There's something about his tone that keeps me wondering. Is he a friend? An acquaintance? Maybe just a classmate?
"Hey Kevin. Yeah, it's been... busy" Gia replies, very awkwardly
"You should come to the party tonight" He invites her and I try not to rip his head off in this very moment "Are Jason and Drew home? I will stop by to invite them too"
Definitely not just a friend, seeing the way he's looking at my girlfriend.
Who is this idiot?
"Actually... I'm moving out of the dorms tonight, so it's a bit hectic" She says, making me frown a little
Why didn't she say she's moving in with me?
I'm right here.
Another good thing of having Georgia moving in with me is that she won't be living in the campus dormitories anymore. I've obviously never gone to college but I've watched American Pie too many times to be optimistic about the whole thing. The picture painted in my mind is not the best and I hate to imagine Gia, my Gia, in the middle of that.
"No way! Really?" He looks disappointed but I don't feel the very least sorry for him "You need help with...?"
Taking a closer look at the guy, I immediately know who he is. Of fucking course. It's the dude that took Georgia out on that date. The one she claimed was her first real date and I hate that it wasn't with me. The same one I happened to be with Nia having dinner when Georgia coincidentally walked in with this asshole decorating her side. I remember how much I wanted to go over to where they were seated and punch him square in the face but decided sending them a bottle of wine would have to suffice. Georgia's favorite wine, must I add. What is his name again?
"No, it's fine, really. The boys gave me a hand with everything already... Also, my boyfriend came along to help me carry the bags"
She gestures towards me, and only then, the dude notices my presence. I give my girl a significant look, which I'm sure she understood, giving her reaction. Took you long enough, baby, I think to myself. I study the guy's reaction and can clearly see when he recognizes me.
"No way!" He exclaims, pointing at me "It's the wine guy"
That's right, buddy. I'm the wine guy. There's nothing for you here, keep walking now.
"Yes, that's him" Gia says, trying to hold back a laugh
"You are dating the wine guy" He states, almost amazed "That was wicked, man! We were having dinner and you kept sending the bottle of wine over to our table. That was genious!"
Is this guy for real? I clearly didn't play fair that night, trying to steal away his date. But to be fair, he had no business taking my girl out. I know I hadn't made her officially my girl back then but she was mine anyway. Deciding he is being genuine, I smile at him. There is no need to be rude anymore... After all, I got Georgia all to myself now.
"You were out on a date with my girl, man. I couldn't just stand there and watch" I speak honest words in a friendly tone
"You are right, dude. I would've done the same. I mean, I would've probably punched the guy but I'm glad you didn't..." He says, making all of us laugh
What a funny lad. I can see why Georgia would go out with him. I mean... No I don't. What the fuck Calum?
"That was my second option, if the first didn't work out" I joke "But as you can see, it did! I even got her to move in with me"
She is moving in with me, I guarantee this part is perfectly clear. I want him and the whole world to know. As nice as this guy is. For some reason, Georgia is almost shy when I pull her to my side. She hugs my waist and I kiss her temple, feeling very content in that moment.
"That is awesome! I'm really glad it worked out for you guys, seriously. This is a great guy you got here, Gia" He says, taking me by surprise
"Yeah, he is pretty okay" Georgia teases, making me pinch her side
"This is your last night in the dorms then? You two have to come to the party, then. We have to celebrate, G. C'mon! Wine guy, tell her"
I ponder for a while as Gia gives me a funny look. This is her farewell party, after all. Her last night in the dorms and she deserves a decent celebration. This could be her last campus party in a long while and I would never take that away from her. Also, I can't say I'm not curious to know if those frat parties are as wild as people say they are.
"Of course we are going" I'm quick to say "We'll be there, man"
"Awesome, dude! I knew you were the man" The guy pulls me for an unexpected hug "I'll see you two later then"
The guy leaves and I turn to look at Georgia with a satisfied grin on my face, very different to the one plastered across Gia's beautiful face.
"What the fuck, Cal?" She hisses, making me frown
"What?" I ask, clearly confused
"Why did you tell him we were going to the freaking party?" Georgia grabs a few of the plastic packages - containing our dinners - and walks upstairs "We barely had a good night of sleep this entire week, your car is loaded with my things and my friends are expecting us to come back with dinner"
I know Georgia well enough to know that when she blurts out reasons and walks away, there is something else in her mind. Because when she is 100% confident about proving a point in an argument, she stays and makes sure she has made herself perfectly clear.
"Well, I'm sure they will want to go too" I simply state, ignoring what she said previously
It's true that we had a terrible night of sleep last night but we can rest later. Right? We won't have another opportunity like this one. I don't bother responding to her second argument because her things can stay inside my car. It won't make any difference if we take them now or after the party.
"You should've considered whether I want to go or not" Georgia mumbles when we reach the second floor
"Wait, G" I pull her by the arm to make her look at me "Do you not want to go to the party?"
I thought she would be happy about it. I thought she would like to celebrate her last night in the dorms with all her friends - whoever they may be.
"No, not really" She says in an obvious tone that could easily imply I'm an idiot
"Why not?" I insist, trying to keep a straight face
"I just gave you three reasons why" Georgia rolls her eyes at me, making me slightly annoyed
Patience isn't her best trait, I have to remind myself. Seeing as we are blocking the passageway, I pull Gia to the side of the hallway, where I place the plastic packages on the windowsill next to where we stand. Georgia seems to listen to me better when I touch her, so I grab both her hands in mine.
"We can have dinner together with everyone, then if all of them agree, we can go to party. I thought you'd like to celebrate your last night in the dorms, like a real celebration. We are tired, yes, but we can rest tomorrow" She tries to interrupt me, but I add "And your things, can stay inside my car for a few more hours"
I watch her shoulders give in, in defeat. Georgia gives me a look that tells me she doesn't have any more arguments and for once, I convinced her. I try not to grin, showing how proud of myself I am because I know it will only annoy her.
"I have nothing to wear" She finally says, making me smile
"If I recall correctly, you have two bags full of clothes in the back of my car"
"Aargh. I hate it when you have an answer for everything" Georgia complains, making me throw my head back in laughter
I pull her small body to mine, lacing my arms around her neck. She is quick to hug my waist, fitting ever so perfectly into my embrace. Gia accomodates her head against my chest until she tilts it up to look at me. When she does, I'm already studying her features, waiting for her next words and wondering why she is being so resistant about something as simple as a party.
"I am..." I entertain myself watching her search for the right words. I can almost see the geers of her complex mind working incessantly "I'm scared, I guess"
"Scared of what?" I ask, caressing her cheek with my thumb
"These parties tend to... Get a little too wild" She admits "I'm not the biggest fan of some people that go to there and also... People might recognize you. I'm not very keen on having to share you with anyone else"
She looked almost shy to admit the last part, making me think just how precious this girl is. My girl. Here I was, thinking just about the same thing. I will make this sacrifice to make her happy, so she can have a decent celebration on her last night living in the dorms. But for sure, I didn't want to have to share her with anyone else.
"I guarantee" I stare deep into her beautiful eyes, to make sure she listens "You won't have to share me with anyone else. Ever" I place a kiss on her forehead "We will have a good time and I won't leave your side"
My words seem to have a positive effect on Georgia, seeing as she grabs me by the hand and pulls me upstairs, into her apartment. Her friends asked what was so difficult in simply getting the food and paying the delivery guy, once it took us a while. We explain the reason, I mean, Georgia explains the reason and I come to learn that the guy's name is Kevin.
Of course it is.