Forty five // goodbye

"Babe, wake up!" Strong hands shook me by the shoulders "Gia, babe, I'm here"

I shot my eyes open to see fascinating chocolate ones staring back at me. It takes me a minute to understand it was all just a dream, more like a nightmare actually. Scanning the room, I make sure my mind isn't playing tricks on me this time. The first thing I notice is his suitcase laying open on the floor, waiting for Cal's personal hygiene itens. Next to the TV, I can see his wallet and the still sealed pack of cigarettes, a proof of his effort to stop smoking. My eyes move to the door, where his black and white vans is placed next to my yellow converse.

"Are you okay?" His raspy and yet smooth voice calls my attention back to his face "You were squirming and kept saying No, no, no"

There's a hint of concern surrounding his features and I want to tell him it's okay, that I'm fine now because he's here. Calum's here. He didn't leave without saying goodbye. Lacing my arms around his neck, I throw myself into his embrace hoping to make the frown between his brows disappear. 

"You're here" I stupidly mumble into his neck. Of course he's here, Georgia. You're hugging the living shit out of him "I had a dream, that you left without saying goodbye"

I feel his chest vibrate against my skin but still his arms wrap tighter around me followed by his beautiful laughter. I can't begin to express how relieved I am right now so I don't even care if he's going to mock me. Which I'm sure is what he's going to do next.

"Isn't that a good idea?" He jokes "Wish I had thought about it sooner"

I laugh. Not because I think it's funny, if anything this is a pretty obvious joke, one I could certainly see coming but because I love the way he likes to tease me. God, how I'm gonna miss it.

"Too late. What time is it anyway?" I ask, looking at the bedside table where his phone is

"4:37 in the morning" Cal says with a yawn as if he had just realized how early it is "Time for pancakes. What do you say?"

My smile widens at his suggestion. Not because I'm hungry and the thought of eating his pancakes pleases my appetite but because I would call it one of our traditions. One of many we managed to create in a spam of not much more than 2 months.

"I say, you're now officially, the only person to make me smile in such early hours" I reply with a kiss on the tip of his nose "Whatever is fine with me, I'm not really hungry"

A clever hand delineates the side of my body, stopping just bellow the curve of my left boob. I can almost hear the dirty thoughts circuling his mind as a shiver runs down my spine. His signature smirk appears on the side of his mouth making me wish I could take pictures with my eyes. Calum looks inhumanly hot with his messy hair complimenting the cuttest sleepy face I've ever seen. And don't even get me started on his raspy morning voice.

"I could always make you" He bites my bottom lip before kissing me

Unfortunately, I'm forced to break the kiss not long after it's started. It takes me everything to pull away but we know it's not a good idea for us to get carried away right now. Even though the possibility of Calum ditching his ride to the airport so we could spend more time together has crossed my mind.

"We both know 20 minutes is not even near enough for us" I say with an amused smile

We had our fair share of fun last night after dinner. Cal asked help to pack his suitcase and of course, I demanded he left me with a few of his T-shirts so I could still feel him sleeping with me somehow. Of course he mocked me otherwise it wouldn't be Calum, but in order to give me his clothes, he imposed a condition. That I tried all of them on. One by one.