Twenty eight // game night

Day #2

"Georgia" I hear Calum's raspy voice before he nudges my side "Time to wake up, G"

I let out a groan and roll on my other side laying my head on a stack of papers. I don't want to wake up yet. This bed is so comfy and warm while I bet the British weather is freezing outside. Jetlag is still kicking my ass and it feels like it don't matter how much sleep I get, I'm still tired.

"You're drooling on your report's page" Calum says with a chuckle

I bring my hand to wipe my mouth and confirm that I am indeed drooling a little. I open my eyes just enough to read the words American Market's Acceptancy written on the paper and immediately jolt awake. The meeting is today. I look around to see papers scattered everywhere on top of the bed. My notebook lays between Calum and I and it probably ran out of battery from being on all night.

"Good morning"

I look at him and Calum has the cutest smile on his sleepy face.

"Did we fall asleep while memorizing stuff for my meeting?" I ask him trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes

"Yeah" He laughs "That's how rock and roll we are"

"But I think it worked" I say "I think I remember it all"

"Even I memorized them, Gia" Calum tells me "They entered the American market in 2005, holding 32% against their concurrent in the first 3 years. The company was worth 17 million euros back then and now..."

I could've fallen in love with him in that moment. Right there. I don't know if that's how it happens. If there's just one moment that something clicks inside your head and all the rest makes sense. But if there was, I think it would've been in this moment.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I snap back to reality and crawl on bed so now I'm sitting right next to him.

"You're too cute" I say leaving kisses all over his face "I would drag your face on the pavement just to kiss it better afterwards"

"Okay..." Calum says with a chuckle "Maybe some other time. Now, you go get ready for your meeting and I'll take care of our breakfast"

"I love it when you make me breakfast" I admit

I love his cooking skills but mostly I love the sight of Calum cooking for me.

"I guess it's your lucky day then"

I woke up to the sound of your voice, Calum. It is obviously my lucky day. He helps me get up from the bed before I run to the shower. There's music playing inside the bathroom somehow. I mentally choose an outfit for the meeting while I rinse the shampoo out of my hair. I sing along to Cheap Thrills making a weird dance routine while the water falls on my body.

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight" I don't even care if I'm singing out of tune because I'm happy

I'm in London. I'm in London with Calum. I have a meeting today. And I gonna rock on my meeting today. Suddenly, the music is cut off and I can hear myself singing clearly. I should never do that because I sound terrible. The intro to One Dance starts playing through the speakers and I wonder if Calum is the one controlling the music. I finish my shower one song later while Bruno Mars' That's What I Like plays in the steamy bathroom. I wear my red suit pants and a white turtleneck sweater for the day. I'm matching my look with an also white overcoat and red scarpins. I check my phone and realize I have 20 minutes before I have to leave.

"You ruined my Cheap Thrills solo" I tell Calum once I join him in the kitchen

"I changed it to Drake" He says still cooking something on the stove "Because I know you like Drake"