Sixty four // pancakes

*smut warning*

Thinking about it now, I should've definitely taken this day off. The day after Calum's birthday. It was an impossible job to wake up after an entire night of heavy partying and drinking but most of all, it was an absolute torture to leave Cal's bed when he was still in it, looking so peaceful and cuddly. When my alarm went off today, it felt like it had been just five minutes ago that I had closed my eyes and gotten into bed after making sure the birthday boy wouldn't get sick anymore. Calum passed out almost immediately after I got him out of the shower and the promised birthday sex was easily forgotten - thank God cause I was exhausted. Cal is an incredibly sweet drunk and he even made me promise I would wake him up so he could drive me to work this morning before passing out on the bathroom floor.

"You look better than you did on Tuesday, but it's still terrible" Liam greeted me this morning "Are you sure you're okay, Gia?"

I had to show up to work wearing my white dress from the night before - with one of Cal's buttoned shirts on top to make me look more professional - since I had no more clothes at his house. I also had no makeup there so you can only imagine how my face looked like after a 2 hour night of sleep. Although I didn't look too good, after last night's events I felt great. Liam can make fun of my appearance all he wants because I couldn't care less.

"I honestly don't know what I'm still doing here" I let out a huff, venting to Liam

"Waiting for the clock to hit 3:30 so we can leave?" Liam says with doubt in his tone when we are waiting for the elevators to go to lunch

"No, I mean... Why do I still work here? They're shutting me out of every important case since I decided to prosecute the harrassment allegations" I tell him, saying the last part in a hushed tone "I feel so useless and unwelcome here"

We interrupt our conversation to get in the elevator with another 10 people. Liam greets one of his friends of the HR department and I think to myself that it's cute how he chooses to have lunch with me everyday so I don't have to be alone. My co-workers aren't my biggest fans after what they think happened in London and I want them all to go to hell.

"Let's go to that pancake place" Liam suggests "I can't stand another day of eating salad"

We're heading towards the building's exit when I spot a very hungover but still very adorable face amongst the sea of people. Calum stands on the sidewalk with one hand tucked in his pocket while the other holds a hot drink. He's wearing a beanie and sunglasses and I bet it's a lot more out of necessity than fashion sense.

"Calum's here" I say to Liam with a small apologetic smile 

"Raincheck?" My friend asks and I give him a kiss on the cheek before walking towards the handsome boy waiting for me

It's almost 1p.m. but I most definitely didn't expect Calum to be up this early after the night he had. It was my first time actually partying with him and his friends and God... they go hard. Around 2a.m, most part of his guests started to leave and how silly of me to think that the party was dying down. Calum's favorite and closest friends stayed till very early hours - some of them were walking out of Ashton's house when I left to come to work this morning - and in fact, it was only when he was gathered with his best friends that the real party started.

"Exactly what I needed" I greet my sleepy boyfriend with a peck on the lips "What are you doing here?"

"What? You're the only one who can make surprises?" He asks me with a lazy smile on his inviting lips and I am forced to kiss him one more time "I'm taking you out to lunch"

"He showed up to feed me" I dramatically sigh "I'm the luckiest girl ever"

Calum lets out an awkward laugh and I smile proudly to myself for making him embarrassed since it's usually the other way around. His arms are quick to lace my waist and pull me closer to him. The familiar scent of Calum's cologne invades my senses and I think to myself how he reeked of alcohol and vomit last night before I forced him into the shower. I much rather this version of him, thanks for asking.