» 75

"Her and Tae can stay as long as they want, and when she's ready to tell me what happened, I will be there with snacks and hugs." Chanmi said  getting up and walking around the counter, pulling a Hyuna into a hug and rubbing her hair soothingly.

"I'm sorry about your parents, but I hope you will come to learn to trust me, you will always be welcome here."

Hyuna froze, stiffening her natural parental instincts. The warmth emitted off of Chanmi calmed her, a stray tear fell down her cheek as she experienced a new type of love- even if she had only known Chanmi for less than 24 hours.

"Thank you," she whispered out staggered, reaching her arms around hesitantly and placing them lightly on her back.

"Anytime hun," she smiled down at her. "Now, you've had a long night and I can't be bothered going to work, so I'm gonna call in sick and why don't we all do something together," she said clapping her hands together and smiling.

"That sounds great, Mrs Lee. Hey Jeno-" Jaemin said cutting himself off as he looks towards his best friend.

He had Tae on his hip, looking into the fridge and picking up various different items and showing them to the five year old- who in returned shook his head and tried to squirm out of his arms.

"Do you want juice?" Jeno sounded exasperated, trying so hard to get the boy to like him but ultimately sighing in disappointment when he shook his head once more and successful got free of Jenos grasp.

As soon as Tae's feet touched the ground he waddled away from Jeno and up to Jaemin, hiding behind him and tugging on the sleeve of his shirt.

Jaemin looked down, tilting his head as the boy looked up to him with big eyes.
"Can I pwease have some juice."

A smile formed on Jaemins face as he looked up to Jeno whose mouth hung open in shock and a scoff left his lips- Jaemin burst out laughing.

"I guess he just likes me more," He said, picking the up and grabbing him a drink.

"That's so unfair," Jeno said with a pout, crossing his arms over his chest and sitting down next to Hyuna at the breakfast bar.

"Awww, it's okay baby, you'll still be mummas favourite," Chanmi cooed, rubbing Jenos hair and smithing him in kisses- to which he groaned and pushed his mum away gently.

"Okay~ I'm going to go get dressed," Jeno spat out and hurried up the stairs, successfully escaping his mother's grip.

Chanmi only chuckled and shook her head, sighing as she turned around to face the others.

"So, I was thinking we could stay inside and play games, or we could go to the park and go shopping."

—————

Post apocalyptic stories, yes or no?