» 8

"So, Hyuna, how do you know Jaemin?" One of her fathers friends asked, but her mind was only thinking of Jaemin- and when she called his name from the stairs- the smirk he gave her straight away.

"Hyuna, our guest is talking to you." Her mother said through a smile with obvious frustration.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir. Jaemin and I do chemistry together." Hyuna said and finally looked up at her guests.

"We are actually doing an assignment together." Jaemin said as he took a sip of his iced drink.

"Really? Well isn't that lovely." Her mother said sweetly and standing up. "I'll go get our dinner from the oven."

"Let me help." Jaemins mum offered as the two women left the room.

"Hyunie." Tae said as he placed a hand on the girls arm who sat next to him.

"Yes Tae?" She responded, looking down at her younger brother and fixing his sweater a little.

"Why is the sky blue?" His voice filled with wonder as he said his thoughts aloud.

"I don't kno-"

"The sky is blue because thousands of years ago Aliens landed on this planet and painted the sky." Jaemin said making the boy smile brightly at his words.

"Rwelly?!" Tae's eyes basically sparkled as he stared at Jaemin from across the table.

"Oh yes, and they also painted the sun. Did you know it was originally purple."

Tae gasped at his stories, believing every word her told him.
"Did you know that Hyunie?" His big eyes looked over to his sister.

Hyuna taking a second before deciding to go along with it.
"Yes I did." She pinched his cheeks lightly.

"Wen i grow up, I wanna paint the sky too." His tiny hands now in a fist as determination filled him.

"You can do whatever you want when you grow up Tae."

Their little conversation was stopped as various foods were placed in front of them.

They all said their thanks before filling their plates up respectively.

{}

"Goodnight Tae." Hyuna whispered and placed a small kiss on his forehead as she tucked him into bed.

Sneaking out of his room and turning off his light before shutting the door quietly.

Her father and his friends could be heard laughing downstairs in his office. Her mother was with Jaemins mum in the front room sipping on cocktails and gossiping away.

As Hyuna walked into her room, she came eye to eye with the boy who sat on her bed staring at his phone.

Hair now messy as he ran his hand through it, making strands fall down his forehead.

Her eyes racked over his body, taking in his effortlessly handsome features.

Shifting on her feet slightly and clearing her voice made the boy look up.

"I thought you wouldn't mind if I came in. It was boring down there. Plus, the whisky sucks." His eyes now looking her up and down before he smirked and petted the bed next to him, offering a seat.

Reluctantly, Hyuna sat down next to the boy- a decent distance between the two.

"I never knew your dad was my dads business partner." Jaemin said, breaking the awkward silence that washed over the two.

"You know you don't have to talk to me. We are doing the assignment and that's it." Hyuna stated, not wanting him to get the idea that she was just another girl he could have in the sheets.

She wasn't like that.

"What do you mean baby girl?" He said confused, but his deep voice made Hyunas stomach erupt into butterflies as he called her a pet name.

"Don't call me that." She said nonchalant trying to cover up for the fact that her heart raced at his words.

"Dont call you what? You mean baby girl?" His voice deepened and she looked at him, a smirk plastered on his face as his eyebrow was raised.

"Yes." That's all she said, adjusting herself slightly. Her simple movements made Jaemin amused.
"Am I making you nervous Hyuna?"

"Shut up, and no you aren't. This dress is just super uncomfortable." She said as she tried to sit comfortably.

"I can help you with that." Her eyes widened at his words, breathing stoped as her brain registered what he had said.

"Wow wow wow, calm down there boy. I know you're like always horny. But no, I don't like you like that." She said standing up from her bed and wrapping her arms around herself, feeling insecure for no reason.

"I'm not always horny." He said matter-of-factly and exaggerating the 'always'. The two just staring into each other's eyes.

"So can you like turn around then." She raised her eyebrows as she ushered him to turn around.

"Fine fine." He Held his hands up as he manoeuvred himself to sit the opposite way.
"Bet i would've had a nice view." He said aloud, sighing in disappointment. Hyuna scoffed, ditching a pillow at his head making him laugh.

"Shut up." She said as she began to unzip her dress, but struggling immensely.

Sighing to herself as she gave up. Hating what she was going to have to say next. "Uh, Jaemin."

He hummed out in response, not taking his eyes away from his phone.

"I need your help." Hyuna said shyly making Jaemin cock up and turn to her, once again, a smirk plastered on his face.