» 23

"Mr and Mrs Na, how nice of you to join us." Insook said through a big smile, the sound of her heels clicking through the house as she lead them through to the study, leaving Jaemin standing by the door way.

Looking up the stairs to see Hyuna- she had one hand on the railing and the other holding the hand of her brother who hid behind her back.

He almost looked scared, but when he saw Jaemin his eyes automatically lit up. A gummy grin captivating his small features as he let go of Hyunas hand.

Running down the stairs as fast as he could and jumping into the arms of Jaemin who now had a smile of his own.

Her brother had always had the ability to steal the hearts of the people he met with his bubbly persona, gummy smile and eye smile, but sadly, that wasn't the case for their parents.

They only cared about him when they saw fit, and when they thought it'd be good for their business.

"Jaemin hyung!" Tae said ecstatic as he hung tightly onto the older boy.

"Hey kiddo." Jaemin said, placing the boy on his hip and messing up his hair slightly- to which Tae had straighten it back down. Something their mum had taught him to do.

"Guess what I did at school today?" Tae said which made Jaemin furrow his eyebrows and put on a face as if he was thinking. "I don't know, what did you do?"

Hyuna had been watching from the top of the stair case, slowly making her way down as she watched her brother tell Jaemin everything he did.

A warmth spread through her as the two interacted with each other, Jaemin putting on a shocked face in disbelief at whatever stories Tae was telling him and laughing at the jokes he made.

Jaemin looked up to Hyuna, smile widening as her brother babbled away before looking back down at him.

Hyunas heart started to beat fast, the rapid palpitations could be heard in her ears as she watched in awe. Shades of pink arose on her cheeks as all she did was watch.

Not even Myunghee had treated her brother like this to this extent, but even then it was different.

He was a natural with him, the way her brother had this sort of connection with him was unlike him.

Tae has always been shy around males, thinking that they'd all be like his father, but seeing him be so himself around Jaemin warmed Hyunas heart.

Her mind in a flurry as the buttflies infiltrated her stomach once again, warmth and tingles running free around her body.

She had read about this, when your loved one or crush treats your family as their own, you fall deeper in love with them.

But she wasn't in love with him, well at least she didn't think she had a crush.

Her mouth had opened to say something, but she was cut off.

"Are you three going to go wash up? Dinner is ready." Insook said almost bitterly sweet, making Jaemin place Tae onto the floor gently and bowing in an apology.

Jaemin took hold of Taes hand and directed him to the bathroom, leaving just Hyuna and Insook.

Insook looked towards her daughter, raising her fingers and once again showing Hyuna how to smile, to which Hyuna reciprocated.