» 64

There had always been something so calming and aesthetic about driving through a city while it rains.

Neon lights and streetlights reflecting off of the wet ground, the fresh smell that lingers in the air after a storm, and the chilled breeze that flows through your hair.

It was refreshing, pure and alighting, a feeling that sent serotonin through Hyunas bloodstream.

Her parents a thought of the past as she focuses on her surroundings; the warmth of Jaemins chest heating up her cold hands, the smile that she couldn't erase off of her face and the streets she had grown familiar with.

She was so caught up in the moment, she had gone completely oblivious to the fact that they were turning the corner to her street.

Her house coming into view as she looks at the all too familiar gate that separates her from her parents.

The boundary between her and everything she wished to forget. If only she could just run away with Tae and never return- but her father was way too powerful to let that happen, and besides, a runaway daughter and son doesn't go hand in hand with a perfect family.

Hyuna day there, as she did every time, trying to spend as much time with Jaemin in hopes he just starts up the vehicle again and drives off, away from all her worries.

"Common love, you spoke to them on the phone right? They won't be mad," Jaemin said, turning around to look at the girl.

That's true, she did talk to them... well to their voice machine. So she can only hope and pray that they heard her message she left.

Hyuna only sighed, removing her helmet and running a hand through her hair to tidy it. She got off the bike and handed Jaemin the helmet, who put it away under the seat.

Jaemin stood there, in front of the girl with his hands on her waist gently. His thumb stroking small circles onto her hip bone to calm her rushing nerves.

"Hey, look at me," he said gently, watching intently as the girl looked up. Eyes big and shining under the streetlights.

"They can't hurt you, and if they do, call me straight away." He said reassuringly. One of his warm hands came up to cup her cheek and she leant into his touch.

Hyuna stayed there for a second, closing her eyes as his thumb once again gently ran across her cheek. His cologne lingered in the hair as she inhaled deeply, completely infatuated with everything about him.

But she knew she couldn't stay there forever, for her parents awaited- so she once again reluctantly pulled away from his touch.

The coldness already replacing the warmth of where his hand was, like how the day turns to night in a matter of seconds, she was left with an empty feeling.

"I won't kiss you here just in case they are watching, but goodnight darling, I'll see you tomorrow," Hyuna said, pulling away fully as she turned her back to him and began walking towards the front gate.

She looked back just once more, smiling and giving off a small wave, to which he reciprocated the smile.

She turned back around before disappearing beyond the gate.