»34

Jaemin had been taking it slow to begin with as he drove down the streets of the residential area, but as he saw the entrance of the freeway coming up he looked back towards the girl.

She was admiring the view around her, hair flowing behind her, eyes wide as she took in her surroundings.

Jaemin smiled softly, "hold on tight, okay?" He yelled over the wind, which Hyuna thankfully heard, because when Jaemin started speeding her arms automatically flung around his small waist.

Her hands tightly gripping onto his shirt as her helmet cladded head rested against his broad back.

Jaemin let out a quiet chuckle as he looked down quickly to see her hands.

Her eyes were squeezed shut as the speed increased as they headed down the quiet freeway. Her stomach tensing at the feeling of them going fast, that feeling soon turned into adrenaline, making her open her eyes.

The city skyline looked breath taking- her mouth hung open and her grip on his shirt softened a little bit.

Hyuna tilted her head up to watch as the buildings past them by, a wide smile now prominent on her face at the whole ordeal.

The crisp, cold wind whipped past them as they moved effortlessly down the road and taking one of the exits towards her house.

Walking was definitely quicker as Hyuna knew all the short cuts, but this was way more fun.

The streets became more and more familiar as Jaemin slowed down, Hyuna resting her head back against his back.

The warmth emitted from his body warmed up her hands, contrasting against the leather jacket that felt as cold as the wind around them.

The warmth comforted her, her heart pumping in her chest sporadically as her adrenaline was wearing off and she was now realising she was hugging the boy, but she didn't want to let go.

He had rounded a few more corners before eventually stopping in front of her home.

Turning off the vehicle, the two just say there- Jaemins leg balancing the bike so it wouldn't fall.

She didn't want to get off, she didn't want to go inside, she wanted to stay here all night... with him.

Hyuna slowly peeled herself off of Jaemin and took her helmet off, holding it in her lap as she kept her eyes on her house.

Her parents weren't home, but that didn't stop the stigma that surrounded her house. Constant stress and tiredness was all she felt when she entered through the door.

The two sat there, the only life source in the scarcely lamppost lit street.

When Hyuna realised just how long she had been sitting there, she quickly got up, handing over the helmet with a bow and an apology. "I'm sorry."

Jaemin just let out a small laugh making the girls ears turn red in embarrassment. "Don't be." Was all he said, placing the helmet onto the handle of the vehicle.

Kicking the kickstand down, he stood up- leaning against the side of the motorbike with his hands in his pockets.

"Uh- thank you Jaemin, once again." Hyuna said, shifting on her feet awkwardly.

"Why do you keep thanking me, you really don't have too."

Hyuna looked up, eyes glistening from the lamppost they were situated under. Her hands now wrapping around her body as the cold started catching up with her, but she nonetheless flashed him a small smile.

Jaemin could've sworn his heart skipped a beat at her actions. She was definitely pretty, but it felt as though he was seeing her in a new light, one he wanted to see more of.

"I- uh, guess I should get going." Hyuna stuttered out, now visibly shaking as the night turned colder each passing second.

Jaemin now stood up off of the bike, nodding as she proceeded to walk closer to her door.

As she stood in front of it, taking her keys out, Jaemin subconsciously yelled out to her, "hey Hyun!" He said as he jogged up to her.

Her eyes went big as she looked up at him, confused as to why he just yelled out for her, but he didn't do anything. He just stood there.

The two looking into each other's eyes intently, stares not faulting as they stood there, bodies just a few inches away from each other.

Jaemins eyes flicked between hers and her lips, his movement making Hyunas cheeks heat up and heart start racing. Tension building in the air as her body now started to feel hot under his stare.

"I-uh, I hope you have a good night." Jaemin spat out.

Hyunas heart dropped. "Oh, y-you too." She said, forcing a smile as she turned quickly and unlocking her door. "Goodnight Jaemin." And just like that, the two were separated by a closed door.

Hyuna leant against the wall, heart aching a little, did she really think he'd kiss her. There was no way he would, but she felt as if she was seconds away from it- her first kiss.

Jaemin stood there, facing the door, heart also aching as he started beating himself up.

"Why'd you chicken out Jaemin? She was right there, oh my gosh." He said as he made his way back to his motorbike, pulling on his helmet and starting the engine back up.

"You're such an idiot."