Chapter 44: Flowers and weeds

Me: HOLY CINNAMON ROLLS BETCHA DIDN'T EXPECT THIS AFTER SO MANY YEARS >:D I SAID I WOULD FINISH THIS BOOK AND HECC I'M GONNA DELIVER.

This story's gonna go in a different direction than I anticipated before since I didn't write down my ideas and plans so I'm going off of memory (or what's left of it). ANYWAYS. TIME FOR THIS CHAPTER. IF ANYONE'S STILL READING THIS, THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was going to be fine.

Today might actually go fine. At least that's what Frisk hoped. Their moster classmates welcomed Chara and Asriel as did a few of their human classmates; other than a couple whispers, the day went pretty well until break.

"These lessons are so boring" Chara stated with an exasperated sigh once they were far enough from their last class - maths. "I hate how lunches are separate. At least we have break together"

"Yeah.. I guess not everyone's comfortable around us next. At least people are opening up to the idea, isn't that right ambassador?" Asriel teased, jutting Frisk in his side, he winced slightly before laughing as a cover up.

"I told you not to call me that, I'm too young to be an ambassador" he said before something - or rather someone - caught his eye. "Oh! There's MK!"

"Ah, that is him. MK! OVER HERE!" Asriel exclaimed to get the goofy guy's attention. He gave a toothy grin as he ran over towards the three.

"Yo! I was looking for you two Chara and Asriel! A teacher wants to see you both" MK stated, causing said two to look at eachother confused. Before they could ask why, he carried on. "Something about going through the regulations of the school"

"But mum already-"

"The teacher doesn't know that though. Just go and tell them that so you don't have to listen to them lecture" Frisk interrupted.

"Follow meeeee!" MK grinned as he ran off. The two followed behind him in a sprint while Frisk chuckled before running to catch up with them. Just as the three ahead of them turned the corner, he bashed into someone.

"Watch where you're going Frisky~ don't need to make yourself any more ugly than you already are" a shrewd voice spoke. He looked up two the two twins and swore he saw lightning - like they do behind bad characters in a cartoon.

"But Clara he doesn't even loo-"

"Oh? You didn't realise my dear sister?" Clara interrupted. "This emo CUTS HIMSELF!"

Frisk felt his breathe stop before whipping his head round to anyone who could've heard. Not to his surprise, it was within his luck that quite a few students heard.

And the whispering began. It was a good thing the other three were too far ahead to hear.

He felt tears well up in his eyes. What if they told the teachers? Then goat mum would find out and be worried about him. What if Sans found out from goat mom? He might hurt people.

What if... Chara found out?

Sure she already knew but goat mum might tell her he was being bullied at school. She might lose control...

He didn't want that.

He ran - ran as fast as his legs would carry towards the back of the field between a line of trees and a fence. He sat down and wiped his the tears ahich had begun to fall. He kept wiping but it seemed like a continous stream of despair.

"Hey kid, what're you doing back here? Are you crying" Asked another familiar voice, but not one he feared. Well, not anymore at least.

"Flowey?"

"The one and only! I tricked Papyrus into planting me in the garden. Now I can go whereverrr I pleaseee HehEHe!!.... but you don't see many talking flowers round here, so dull.... anyways. Answer my questions! And don't you lie either!"

"Are you... worried about me?" Frisk asked with a slight grin. Flower gasped and coughed out dramatically.

"As if! Ew, emotions!... it's only cause you look ugly when you cry. Now answer meh!"

"I um... these two girls exposed a really bad secret of mine and.. if anyone like Chara or Sans or goat mum found out, it would be really bad.." he sighed. "They um... they've been uh.. bullying me for... a while.."

"....How long?"

"A few years.."

"...."

"..."

"...BITCHES! TELL ME THEIR NAMES AND WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE! THE OMLY ONE WHO'S ALLOWED TO MESS WITH YOU IS ME!" Flowey screeched. Frisk couldn't help but smile a bit at Flowey's care, though it wasn't showing in a way most did. He pet said flower's petals.

"It'll be ok. I'll stand up to them in time. Just, please don't tell anyone. Ok?"

"..." Flowey let out a large exasperated sigh. "Fiiiiiiine... but only because if I tell them, I won't get the chance to.. show them my friendliness pellets"

"Flowey nooooooo"

"FLOWEY YES!... now get on back kid. You're a goody goody, if you were late to class I wouldn't hear the end of it"

Frisk chuckled as he stood up and wiped his eyes, the tears having stopped. "Thanks Flowey, you know, you can be really caring sometimes" he said before the flower hissed, mumbling something about it not being for his sake before he disappeared into the ground. He ran to his next class meeting Chara, Asriel and MK on the way.

"Frisk! Where have you been?" Chara asked.

"Yeah dude! We've been looking all over for you" MK said. Asriel nodded quickly in agreement. Frisk rubbed the back of his head.

"Ah um, I went to the bathroom and wandered round a bit" he replied sheepishly. MK looked convinced but Asriel and Chara? Not so much. Chara could see the wet patches on his sleeves; Asriel could see the slight puffiness around his eyes. But they didn't bring it up as the bell rang - signalling the end of break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: I'm doing this instead of my schoolwork, I was hit with a sudden urge to write and procrastinate XP well, in any case, there will be more updates to this story and it won't be finishing any time soon but it will be finished.

It's a promise.

Goodbye from Mari-chan :3