Chapter 5: Chara's nightmares

Me: *starts squealing* I GOT A VOTE FROM undertale_lover321 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Chara: Wait.... Isn't that one of your friends?...

Me: Maybe, we dont know. I'll ask her later in school

Chara: Hm....

Frisk: either way, I'm proud of you

Chara: if this is how you react to 1 vote, how will you react to, like, 45 or something?

Me: Im probably not going to get there though XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chara?"

"Yep" answered Chara as she sat on his bed. "Are you okay?" She asked. Frisk nodded.

"Ok that's good. I know you probably don't want to talk about it but..." she paused "when you were yelling, I heard the name Gaster. If you don't mind me asking, who is he?"

Frisk stayed silent for a moment. Should he tell her about Gaster?

"Oh, Gaster is just someone who appeared in my nightmare. I don't really know who he is." Chara only nodded in reply. He felt better telling someone about Gaster.

Chara looked on the clock on the wall and realised the time. Was it that late already?

"Oh and I think dinner's ready. Just look at the time", said Chara, "race ya?"

Frisk smirked. "Oh you are on"

☆☆☆

The rest of the holiday went on pretty much normal. Chara slept on the spare bed Frisk had found before he had seen Gaster (who Frisk hadn't told anyone about but Chara). Her bed was on the other side of his room. Although every night so far, Chara has had nightmares about her past. Frisk had always been there to calm her down and snap her back to reality.

☆Last Night☆

Chara was twisting and turning in her bed. Her breath quickened, sweat appearing on her forehead. She started to cry softly which woke up Frisk.

"Chara?", He whispered, "Are you ok?" Chara only whimpered a 'I didn't mean to do this' in response.

{In Chara's dream}
Chara slaughtered the last monster before Asgore's throne room. She thought that she had killed everyone but she was wrong. In front of her, there were six souls; not bodies... just... souls...

"Turn around kid. We don't want to fight ya" one soul resented. Flowey then suddenly popped out feom the ground and, with his vines, captured all six of them. He pulled them together infront of Chara.

"Only one hit Chara, one hit and you'll kill them all" Flowey hissed. Chara raised her knife and prepared to strike until Flowey spoke once more "These souls... these are the people who were against you...the ones who caused you to RESET."

She closed her eyes and made one big slash... but when she opened them, she was shocked. A figure had come out from the shadows and had taken the slash. They fell to the ground. The six souls who had been in Flowey's grasp had begun to form bodies. Now Chara could clearly see that they were Toriel, Asgore, Undyne, Alphys, Sans and Papyrus.

"Why?" Sans asked, his voice shaking, "Why did you kill him?"

"My child," Toriel whispered, tears pricking her eyes. Chara looked down at the figure who had also taken shape. The figure appeared to be Frisk, dead on the ground. Chara instantly dropped her knife.

"N-No..." Chara stuttered "N-No! I-I didn't mean to do this!"

"Oh really?" Said a voice from behind. She whipped her head round and saw a ghost of none other than Frisk. "Didn't you want to kill us all?"

"No I-"

"You what? What other reason could you possibly have? Other than your genocidal purposes" He interrupted. Chara began shaking, she didn't want to kill them all. She thought she had changed.

"Chara!" Frisk shouted from beyond the dream world. Chara bolted up from her bed and saw a very worried Frisk next to her. He had tears running down his cheeks.

"Wha...What?... it was only just a dream?..." Chara asked, confused.

"Sounded more like a nightmare to me" Frisk replied as he wiped the tears from his eyes. "I woke up to hear you crying in your sleep. I tried to wake you up but you said 'I didn't mean to do this' in response. If you don't mind me asking...what did you dream about?"

Chara looked down at her hands. The ones which killed Frisk in her dream.

"You don't have to if yo-"

"No it's fine...I'll only tell if... you tell me what you dreamed about the other day when we found you in the attic..." she interrupted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: well that took a while... but at least it's out!

Chara:I suppose....

Me: and also, I might make a seperate part to explain the characters a bit more. Like their age etc.

Frisk: and gender?

Me:yes. I thought it was obvious that i made you male.

Frisk:Oh yeah!

Me:any way that's it from me. And thank you undertale_lover321 once again...oh you changed your username!

Bye from Mari-chan :3