Chapter 20: Chara's truth

Me: Ok just a warning! This includes some dark themes like self harm but it's not that bad! I promise! :3

Enjoy da story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chara! What's wrong?" I asked worried. She wiped her tears and smiled at me.

"Sorry, it's just... Azzy would always play this to me and it would calm me down when I... well... you know..." she said. I knew exactly. Asriel would calm her down whenever she got angry or cut herself... wait...

"D-Do you still... um... cut?..." I hesitated. She looked away. I tried to look into her eyes but she averted my gaze. "Chara?..." She doesn't answer. "You're clearly hiding something" I said, crossing my arms.

"W-What? N-No I'm not!"

"Yes you are, you're stuttering"

"..."

"Chara... show me your arm"

"What?!" She stepped away from me in shock. "W-Why?"

"Chara... please?..." I pleaded. Chara sighed and showed me her left arm. She pulled up her sleeve reluctantly. It was clean.

"There, happy?" She glared. Something wasn't right. It seems she was hiding something.

"Ok... what about the other one?" I asked. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"B-But..." she stuttered as she tried to find an excuse not to show me her arm. I smirked and kissed her cheek, shocking her. Then I grabbed her hand and pulled her sleeve up. I know I should've known but I've never seen cuts on anyones' arms before... except my own.

"S-Sorry... I... I should of noticed sooner... I should of done something... I should of known..." I apologised and backed away. Chara gave me a small smile.

"That's ok, it's just a bad habbit. My life wasn't good... it was terrible. I suffered for... I don't know... my whole life I guess. My dad kept drinking and he died, my mom..." She tried to continue but was soon brought to tears.

"It's ok, I know, you told me during our runs" I said. She looked surprised to say the least. I grinned a bit, "What? You think I can only hear you through text boxes? You did think about it alot"

"Heh" she grinned back. "Now since you checked my arms, I'll check yours" She smirked and walked towards me. I sighed and showed her my left arms. Clean. "Ok now the other one"... uh oh...

"Um-oh wait Sans is calling" I walked away and answered the call.

"Hey kid, where the heck are ya? We're all pretty bone-ly without ya" I can tell he's grinned considering I just heard Papyrus groan.

"Oh... I'm just at the underground with Chara" I answered.

"Ok well you betyer get here soon, Tori's freaking out over here" He replied and hung up. I turned to Chara.

"We should get going, Goat mom's really REALLY worried" I said and motioned for her to follow me to the entrance of the underground. She did and then she crossed her arms as she looked up. I sweatdropped... I forgot... I can't fly and neither can Chara, she doesn't have wings.

"Frisk, give me your hand, I'm gonna teleport us out" she held out her left hand to me; I grabbed it with my right. She blushed. I wonder why, she did suggest it.

"Have you teleported with another person before?" I asked, worried about what would happen.

"Um... no but I am determined to try!" She exclaimed holding her fist up.

"Ok then! I trust you" I smiled. I saw her try to concentrate, she looked so adorable... what the heck brain??

Suddenly, there was a white flash which filled the whole room... er... place. Next thing I knew, there was a big explosion and we did get to our house but our clothes were a bit tattered up. My right sleeve was missing so that means...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: Welp that's it... and it's slightly longer since I'm late for school XD

Goodbye from Mari-chan! X3