27.

I tried to get back to work after the bomb that Lucas dropped. But it was really difficult.
He told me that a week from now was his parent's anniversary and he was taking me as his plus one in addition to that he will announce to everyone that we're engaged.

I can't express how happy I am, especially after clearing the misunderstanding concerning his said-to-be fiance. Yet I can't deny that fear is slowly growing inside.

What kind of family does he have?
Will his parents accept me?
Will they be happy?

So many questions surged into my mind. However, I have a week to find that out.

Lucas said that the theme of the party is a masquerade. That means I have to find a good elegant dress with a good mask to go with it and I only know one person who can do that. Kate

I took my phone out to call her.
I told Kate everything she also was excited for me and maybe a little more than me, and she promised to find me the best dress. Well, I trust her and decided to let her choose.

After the lunch break, I went to talk to Stephan, not to confirm or make sure that what Lucas had told me is true, but I considered Stephan my friend he should have told me.

And when I asked him he replied saying:

"It wasn't my place to tell you about that and to be honest it's not important not even worth talking about ."

"But she's your sister," I said.

"Half a sister " he clarified

"I feel like I was the reason why their relationship didn't work" he gave me a wide smile.

"Their relationship never even started to finish, and whether it was you or not that thing was doomed to finish." I think he was right, according to what Lucas had told me he never actually help any interest in her.

That made me feel better.

I'm so bad

We went on and on with Stephan talking about everything. I told him I was engaged and he seemed genuinely happy for us which also made me happy.

Today I was having dinner with Lucas. It was very beautiful. Fancy restaurant.

He always takes me to such places but I never seem to get used to it. He probably spent his whole life in places like this. When in the other hand there's me who just likes cozy small places. Talk about being good together.

Damn
I wonder where that came from.
This whole engagement thing was bringing some of my insecurities out. I've always known that there's a huge difference between him and I, between his world and mine but I always believed that as long as there's love those things don't really matter. But not everyone holds the same idea that I do.

Not everyone gives the same importance to love.

I finally got out of my reverie and gave the man in front of me all the attention when he held my hand.

"Is everything okay?" He looked concerned, and at that moment all my insecurities left me.

"You're here beside me, why would I be?" The waitress brought the dishes that I let Lucas pick for both of us, and it didn't go unnoticed the way she was looking at him. But I don't want to destroy our perfect evening.

"I can't believe we're engaged" he squeezed my hand once more.

"I know this is like a dream. Of course, it would be a little different for you since it's your second time" I said in a playful way. I like to tease him every now and then, especially since he gets irritated at the mention of Veronica.

The Devil's TrapOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara