9.

Previously 

" This isn't over" I only kept looking at him " we'll have plenty of time to talk about this" his voice had a tone in it that could make a dead's bones start cracking.
........
I got home and the first thing I did was seeking the comfort of my bed, thinking how I might survive my next day.

The present

Apparently, I was really tired so after I threw myself on the bed I didn't get out until the morning, which is why I'm peeing right now while brushing my hair and putting my shoes on.

After yesterday, I didn't want to arrive late and make things even worse.

I had to skip breakfast to get there on time. Finally, I arrived at work, in one piece if I may add because this morning two cars almost ran me over, but it was kinda my fault; since I was running in the middle of the street like a crazy woman. That's what you get for having a boss like mine.

I texted Kat and Lily because when I was leaving they were still sleeping.

Finally, I got to work.

 God, I'm so happy

Well done bitch. wow, no one has ever done it before big applause for you. Of course, my inner self never ceases to amaze me with her encouragement.

I got to my office and I was greeted by Mrs. Williams.

" good morning Miss Clark"

" good morning, and please do call me Emily" she gave a certain that I couldn't recognize then she continued talking

"All alright Emily Mr. Wilson is not coming today therefore if you wish to go you may"

" wait Mr. Wilson is not coming?" by the look on her face I understood that she doesn't like to repeat herself 

" Indeed he had to travel for some business"

" but there is no mention of any travel today in his schedule, and he has a lot of meetings planned today what are we suppose to do about them ?" 

" cancel them of course" she looked a bit annoyed as she was ready to leave  my question stopped her

" Mrs. Williams, I thought I was Mr. Wilson's PA shouldn't he have to report such a thing to me? why don't I have any information about his departure? "

" listen, Emily what you are saying is perfectly correct, however, none one of us is responsible for Mr. Wilson' s behavior, and keep in mind he might do this quite often so you are in the obligation to act quick and smart and handle everything as if he was here because that is what he expects from you "  

Mrs. Williams left as I was still processing what she was saying. I didn't understand how he can just leave without telling anyone, and without telling me his PA.

everything was bizarre for me, but after a while, I stopped questioning and went to do what I had to do; as in canceling some meetings and I decided to hold some others that were a little less important. 

My day finished faster than I thought and in no time I was ready to go home.

As I was leaving the elevator, my phone started ringing, I took it out of my purse and it read Boss on my phone I thought I was daydreaming or something, he didn't come today to work and he is supposedly on a trip, now he's calling me.

I hesitated at first because I sort of knew that nothing good would come out of this but I had to do it. I picked up

" hell-

" Emily"  his voice was filled with...fear? as if he wanted to reach out to me

" hi," I said quietly

"if need you to come to me "

wait for what?

" what ? " for a second there I thought I was still back home sleeping and having a dream, it seemed like the only logical explanation to this awkward thing that was happening.

"stop overthinking everything and just do as you are told, for once "

" o..okay" it sounded more of a question rather than an answer

" okay? well, I  will  send you the address right now, come quick I'll be waiting"

before I had time to respond he already hangs up, a second later he sent a message with his address in it, I called a cab and went to where I was told.

After was seemed like an hour since traffic was nowhere to end the cab pulled up next to a very big and tall building, I hesitated at first and I thought I was at the wrong address, but everything seemed right. I paid the guy and got out then the taxi went away.

I was standing in the middle of the street looking at the big building laying beside me. I went inside and I was stopped by I think the concierge who asked about the reason I was there

"I'm here to see Mr. Wilson" I responded

" you must be Miss Clark" I only nod, I didn't expect him to be notified of my arrival but again this place looks like a five stars hotel, security, and daily checking is a must besides probably all the rich people in the city live here, so it was only natural.

the concierge showed me the way, which I was grateful for because they were like at least tel elevators I would've got lost.

So apparently Mister boss doesn't feel superior enough, he lives on the last floor which was like eighty-three or something.

After a long waiting game in the elevator I finally arrived at the last floor where there was only one door; the one to his house.

I tried to remind myself of all the possible reasons as to why I shouldn't do this, but I was stronger than this, I took a very deep breath and pressed the bell.