*30*

Angel's pov

The next day, i didn't know how all hell broke lose. I was bloodied, knees scratched, there were dead bodies everywhere. Most, if not all of the bodies, belonged to the enemy clan, I felt pity. The wolves that had attacked the pack were malnourished, they were weak.

My pups were in my parent's room with their grandmother. My father fought alongside our warriors. I was worried, but i had to fight them off. I had to protect my pack. The pack house's front entrance had been sealed off by the the omegas from the inside at my orders.

It was impossible for rogues to get in. The omegas, older pack members and the children were inside safe. Everyone else was on the battlefield.

I mindlinked Marine, she confirms some of our warriors were only injured, no death in my pack. I couldn't see Alois but  he was near, i smelled his scent but i didn't see him. I scanned my surroundings, then............... i found him.

He stood amongst dead bodies, standing still. I couldn't see his face but his whole body was trembling.

Alois? What's wrong? I received no response.

That posture, tensed and leaning forward, his head bending forward. Something was wrong. The rogues didn't attack him which meant something was definitely wrong.

"Cain get my back, we need to get to Alois!" My beta ran to me almost immediately.

The rogues were high in numbers but they were weak, easy to dominate. Most feared for their lives and would retreat at only a growl. Alois was to the far end of the backyard garden.

"It seems Orphelia's last information about our pack's border rotation to the alpha had reached him clearly. They destroyed our backyard." I winced as pain filled my left thigh. I had been cut with a knife. With a single punch, my attacker fell down unconscious, Cain growled.

"Alpha, Delta Bright says they cleared the coast near the entrance of the packhouse and the pack entrance of the pack boarders. They have collected around 65 alive rogues, most are children and weak women. She is wondering what to do next." Cain's voice was laced with uncertainty.

Angel went still, she was too shocked to move. She looked at her beta disbelief on her face. She had never once encountered such a situation where she had to deal with rogues' children and she wolves.

Delta Bright! Next time you ask me directly, no need to ask through the Beta. Hold them together, no violence. Ask them questions but keep them calm.

Roger Alpha.

I jogged towards Alois as Cain pushed off the rogues,

"Don't kill them, just knock them out. They are bags of bones already, look at how miserable they are." My eyes were filled with tears, that was the horrors of cultivating a witch.

I let go of my knives, ready for the oncoming enemy. I grabbed on the smaller, malnourished wolf by its neck as it tried to bite me and threw him on another of his pack member, they fell down and ran away. I growled confidently at them and glared at the petty rogues surrounding me.

They moved away as i passed by, still no news of Valentine.

"Where's that coward alpha?! Is he hiding? Valentine Lovelace, are you proud of your pack?" I Spoke loud and clear through the chaos i knew the alpha who had to be nearby would hear.

My mate still didn't turn my way, his tensed back to me.

As i approached i smelled Orphelia and Alois moved back, he dodged something she was trying to stab him with. My anger spiralled and i ran at full speed towards her.