*4*

Angel's pov

My wolf was pressing me to go forward, i had blurred everything out. I was deaf to the outside world at that moment. All i could hear was the sound of my heartbeat, the frantic heart within me beating with pain, fear and uncertainty.

I didn't want to go, but my legs were moving on their on to the far corner of the jail.

The smell came from the cell to my right where a man most presumably my mate, lay in the corner. His scent was so pure, the smell made my knees weak but i was not giving up on my dominant pose.

I growled and he immediately sat up. Our eyes met and he stood up instantly only to be claimed by gravity again, his leg was bleeding, his skin tattered with dirt, his long black shoulder length hair was messed up with tiny specs of dirt.

What i could clearly see was his deep black eyes staring at me from his hurting position on the ground. They were shining with hope and relief.

Such a pathetic man was my mate, a weakling.

I growled louder, his scent was affecting me but i took control. My wolf was whimpering in the corner of my mind, begging me to let her mate out.

My mate got up again this time reaching the bars, he leaned on them. His large but dirty hand touched mine, my hand that was holding on furiously to the metal bars. The sparks instantly hit me and i pulled back.

He looked sad, his face showed so much pain.
"M-mate." He stuttered. My heart skipped a bit at that pitiful mate of mine.

I looked around at the dimly lit room, down to the board with his name on it.
He was Alois Blackwell and he was an......omega.

Maybe this was a mistake. I don't believe it.

I caught hold of his shirt through the bars and pulled him close, he grunted in pain as i pulled too hard and i took a sniff again.

My wolf was taking over,

"Mate, mine....i should let you out!" Serena's red eyes flashed, she was growling possessively. I was in shock, she was crying. The ferocious Serena was crying. She was in pain and so was i. This feeling was irritating me.

My mate had his eyes fixed on me, he was smiling, tears brimming his beautiful eyes.

I was conflicted but i knew the mate bond had something to do with that.

Serena go back, i will handle this! She stopped struggling and went away sobbing.

I reached out and wiped the tears but jerked my hand back quickly when i realised what i was doing.

I backed away and heard him growl,
"Don't go, mate.......Don't leave me."

I looked at him before a smirk cropped on my face.

"Oh my dear omega, I'm not leaving. I cannot leave now that i found you. You were here only a heartbeat away all this time and it'sjust now that i find you......." I was cold, emotionless but mostly i was terrified.

Alois' pov

My body was covered in bruises, i don't remember the last time i had a proper bath. How long have i been here for. A few days? A month? A year? 2 years? I don't know.

But i had hope now, even my wolf came back limping. He spoke again, mate came for us. After all this time she came back.

I looked up at her face, she looked so beautiful, just like an angel. She was backing away further into the darkness leaving me holding onto the bars for support.