CHAPTER 28

Jimin was still awake. He was feeling bad for being rude with Priyanka, the love if his life. However, it's not that he wanted to treat her that way. Its was because he realised something when he heard Priyanka talking with her friend when they were at Jins place. And that was she will leave us after her program finishes. Hence, the reason for him acting that way. Although he cares for her, he doesnt want her to feel the pain of leaving them when its time for her to. That was why he thought that he will try to detach her from, to avoid the heartbreak and pain.

However it was not going as he had planned, because he was hurting. He was in pain and he knew why. He had made the girl, the fated love of his life, and his first love cry and be scared because of him.

On the other side, Priyanka laid awake in her bed at the hotel as she was not able to sleep. She was scared to sleep alone. She didn't want to disturb her brother as he didn't know about this problem of hers. After lying down for almost 30 minutes, Priyanka got up to look for her phone. Although she was scared she knew she had to do this, or at least try. And so with trembling fingers she managed to dial Jimins number and called him hoping he's still awake.

Jimin was using his phone since he was still awake, so he got a shock when he saw Priyanka calling him at 4.30 in the morning. He answered straight away, thinking shes in danger.

"Hello......" he said as he answered. "I need you" was all he heard on the other side, as Priyanka had started crying. Jimin panicked as he stood up from his bed and started looking for his coat. "Where are you?" He asked as he shuffled around looking for his shoes and the car keys. "I'm at ***** hotel in room 613" Priyanka replied. "Stay on line, I'm on my way...... I'll be there in 15 minutes okay" Jimin said as he dashed out of the apartment and to the elevator to basement parking lot. He kept the phone on speaker and got in his car. He could hear Priyanka crying and tried to get to her while still following the road traffic rules.

Just as promised he was knocking at Priyankas hotel room in 15 minutes time. Priyanka was quick to open the door and upon seeing Jimin standing in the hallway she quickly jumped to hug him. Jimin held her as he slowly entered her room, closing and locking the door behind them. Then he slowly made their way to the bed while still holding Priyankas in his arms. Priyankas crying had gotten worst as she had started struggling for breath. Jimin quickly sat on the bed and situated Priyanka on his lap so that she was straddling him. He wiped her tears, cupping her face and kissed her forehead.

"Baby focus on my voice...... you need to calm down, I'm here now okay" Jimin said softly as he hugged Priyanka, her head just above his heart. "Focus in my heartbeat babygirl..." Jimin said as he rubbed Priyanka's back slowly to calm her. It seemed to be working as Priyanka was now getting quiet, with slight hiccups and sniffles. Jimin continued to rub her back until she had finally calmed down. He looked at the time and saw that it was almost 6 in the morning.

"Hey baby you okay? What happened?" Jimin asked as he pulled Priyanka away to look at her face. Her eyes were swollen due to crying, but what Jimin found cute were her nose which was red now along with her cheeks. In his eyes she looked very cute and adorable that he felt the need to protect her, already forgetting what he felt a few hours ago. "Sorry for disturbing you so early in the morning" Priyanka said looking down. "It was nothing baby, I'd travel a thousand miles just to make sure you are okay" Jimin said as he pushed some hair from Priyankas face. Just then Priyanka yawned loudly shocking both herself as well Jimin. "Ah..... sorry... I didn't sleep because I was so afraid to sleep alone" Priyanka said looking down still avoiding Jimins eyes. "Come let's sleep then. I'll be here with you" Jimin said as he laid Priyanka on the bed and went to shut the curtains to make to room dark. Then he got in bed where Priyanka quickly grabbed his arm and got close to him.

"Sleep well baby.... " Jimin said as he pecked Priyankas forehead. "MinMin...." Priyanka mumbled softly. "Hmmm....." Jimin responded. "Thank you" Priyanka mumbled again, and then she was knocked out into deep slumber.

It was almost afternoon when Jimin heard someone knocking at the door. Still sleepy he somehow managed to get out of the bed and go open the door. However, the person at the door was not expecting Jimin to be the one opening the door.

"Who the fuck are you? And what are you doing in someone else's room?" AJ asked as he pulled Jimin out of the room into the hallway. "I could ask you the same question" Jimin asked abit taken aback as well as annoyed. "Shes my sister! So now you tell me what were you doing in her room?" AJ asked angrily. "Shes your sister?!" Jimin asked. "Uh yeah....... now you answer my question before I kick your ass out of this place" AJ said. "I'm her friend. She called me in the morning to come here...."Jimin replied. Although  AJ still did not believe whatever Jimin said, he still felt that he should listen the other out.

"Let's talk inside, I dont want people gathering here because we suddenly started arguing out of nowhere" AJ said as he entered Priyanka's room. She was still sleeping in the bedroom, so they sat at the lounge area. "I'm AJ by the way, Priyanka's younger brother, thou we both brothers treat her as our baby since she's very much innocent and always needs protecting" AJ said as they both sat down. "Ah..... Oh I'm Jimin, one of Priyanka's friend" Jimin said. "Did she have trouble sleeping again?" AJ  asked Jimin. "What do you mean?" Jimin asked abit confused. Jimin just thought that Priyanka just doesn't like sleeping alone, he didn't think that she has trouble sleeping.

"Jii has trouble sleeping because of an incident that happened when she was around 13 I guess, when she was attending a boarding school. After that she was just not able to sleep at all. She would always try to stay awake at night by playing games or reading  books, and even if she did fall asleep she would always have nightmares. Although she didn't tell anyone about it at home, I just figured it out, but didn't ask her because I know she'll feel uncomfortable talking about it. I think she took some counselling sessions as well but it didn't seem to help her. So I got her a human sized teddy bear and I think it helped her for a while but then she started staying awake at nights again. She's a nurse and she needs to rest enough so that shes able to look after her patients, but if she doesnt get enough sleep she wont be able to focus. Thays why I'm always worried about her" AJ said. Jimin was shocked hearing that. "Do you know what happened to her at boarding school?" Jimin asked. "She wont tell. Shes the type of person who keeps her problems to herself, she doesnt like it when people worry or pity her" AJ replied, rubbing his eyes to keep the tears away.

As Jimin looked towards the room where Priyanka was sleeping, he just knew that he HAD to protect her at all cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that you guys like this chapter.

Keep safe during this pandemic.

Peace out ✌🤡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~