CHAPTER 4

The next 5 days went by in a flash. With my shopping and packing to my paper work at the ministry. It was quite a busy week for me. However, as planned the staffs of my department organised a farewell party for me. And I must say we nurses can party 🎉🎊!!!

It was still early in the morning when I woke up. Although I was very excited for what was happening, I was also sad as the thought of leaving my family and not seeing them for 3 year. I sat in bed almost tearing up, but I knew that I had to control my emotions, because if I cry then everyone will cry and then i wont be able to leave. After 10 minutes, I got up, tidied my room as i want it to be and then had my shower and got ready. My luggage was already packed last night so all we had to do was load it in the car. After that I had breakfast with my family. After breakfast my mother and sister-in-law did the cleaning up.

Since there is no direct flight to korea from my country, I was to fly to New Zealand and then take a connecting flight to Singapore and then to korea. It was going to be a very long flight and I was not prepared for it at all.

It was almost time to head to the airport. I decided to take my car and my brother would bring it back once I leave. So i said my goodbyes to my family. My mother cried while hugging me. My father was also crying as I am his favourite child and me going away made him more sad. I hugged my younger brother and my sister-in-law and told them to take care of everyone while I'm gone. Then I got in my car with my brother. The airport was only 20 minutes drive from my house. When we arrived at the airport my brother got all my luggage on the trolley and then went to park the car as I went to check in.

After checking in I was informed that the flight will leave in 30 minutes. So I came out to where my brother was waiting and we decided to go check some items out at the duty free shops. After buying my favourite chocolates and my brothers favourite liquor it was time for me to board the plane. I hugged my brother as my eyes teared up. Although we fight and argue over little things at home, we cant live without each other - such is the relationship of siblings.

As I walked in through the gate I saw my brother breaking down. I knew if I stopped I will not be able to go further so I kept walking with tears flowing down my face. Once in the plane, I was directed towards my seat in the business class. I sat down and covered my face with my hands as I sobbed quietly, not wanting to disturb the other passengers. Soon after I heard the regular announcements being made *I have travelled in planes so may times that those announcements were crammed in my brain. I buckled my seatbelt and turned off my phone as I tried to go to sleep. Little did I notice that there was someone sitting beside me who kept on looking at me to see if I was alright. As soon as the plane flew I fell asleep.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Please excuse my mistakes as it's my first time writing.

Peace out 🤡✌

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆