CHAPTER 21

The rest of Priyanka's break was spent with her lazing around the apartment, or going out for sightseeing with bodyguard Choi or Taxi grandpa, or hanging out with the boys. She had finally exchanged phone numbers with the boys, and Jhope had created a group chat so they all kept informed of each others activities when not together.

Finally it was Monday. The first day for Priyanka at Taemin Hospitals as a staff nurse. She was called in early for briefing before she starts, so she left before the boys were even up. Taxi grandpa had driven her to the hospitals and he wished her luck on her first day.

As Priyanka arrived at the reception she was directed to the conference room where the director and the nurse managers were all waiting for the briefing.

"Good morning everyone...... Let's begin with the briefing shall we?" Dr Taemin said as he entered the conference room and took his seat.

"Ah before that..... I'd like to introduce a new face among us. She is staff nurse Priyanka who had exchanged with nurse Suzy. She will be working with us from now onwards" He said.

"Hello everyone. I am Nurse Priyanka. Please take care of me 🙂" Priyanka said with a bow of respect.

Everyone exchanged greetings with Priyanka with a warm smile.

"Okay so let's begin..... " Dr Taemin said indicating the progress of briefing.

~Time skip~

"Miss Priyanka, you're allocated to work in the ICU right?" Miss Lee asked Priyanka as they left the conference room. "Yes Miss Lee" Priyanka replied. "Okay.... come let me take you there and introduce you to the rest of the staffs in there" Miss Lee said as she started walking towards the ICU.

Priyanka walked with Miss Lee to ICU where she was introduced to the staffs. After that, she was allocated to look after 1 patient, since they provide care on 1 on 1 basis. And once everything was settled Miss Lee left for the rounds.

Eventhough Priyanka used to work in the Labor ward after completing her internship, she was doing a pretty great job in ICU. The staffs there were quite impressed with her work, since she did exactly what they were expecting her to do, and they were full of praises for her.

They have 12 hours shift with 30 minutes of break in between. During her break, Priyanka decided to check on the guys. So she got her phone from her locker and checked the group chat only to find messages from the boys.

Namjoon😎:"Chim where are you?"
Genie😇:"Babysister where are you?"
Sugar💤:"Yo where are you?"
MyHope💚🍀:"Where are you sunshine?"
Alien👽:"WhErE aRe YoU?"
KookieMonster🍪: "I bought cookies and banana milk.....Where are you?"
MinMin❣:"WHERE ARE YOU BABYGIRL?"

Priyanka smiled seeing the messages from the boys. At that moment she didn't feel like she's alone in a new country, but felt like she was finally at home with her loved ones.

Chimbebe💃: "Guys I'm at work. Today is my first day so I was asked to come in early, that's why I was not able to see you guys before I leave"

Priyanka quickly messaged the boys, and went back to work since her break was almost over.

~TIME SKIP~

Priyanka's shift was over, and she was changing out of her uniform whe she got a call. She checked the caller ID, and saw that it was from Dr Taemin.

"Hello Dr Taemin" Priyanka said as she answered the call. "Hello Priyanka. Are you done for the day?" He asked. "Ah yeah. I was just getting changed" Priyanka said. "Oh, sorry to disturb but once you are done can you come up to my office? It's on the same floor as the conference rooms, my assistant will be waiting for you at the reception" He said. "Okay.... I'll be there in 5" Priyanka said before hanging up.

Soon Priyanka was being directed towards the Dr Taemin's office by the assistant. He knocked on the door letting him know of the arrival.

"Come in" Dr Taemin yelled out. The two entered the office.

"Ah Miss Priyanka you're here...... take a seat please" Dr Taemin said as he directed her towards the couch. "Thank you sir" Priyanka said with a smile as she took a seat.

The secretary brought coffee for Priyanka and then left the two to talk.

"I heard that the staffs were pretty impressed by your nursing care in the ICU today" Dr Taemin complimented Priyanka. "Really?!" Priyanka asked surprised. "Yeah..... you have become quite famous in the intensive side of the hospital. Most of the staffs were talking about you" Dr Taemin replied. "Wow......." was all Priyanka could say as she had not expected the staffs to really like her on her first day.

"Oh, now back to the main reason as to why I called you here" Dr Taemin said. "Oh right....." Priyanka replied. "So there is a seminar next week and I would like you to attend it. Also you are yet to meet with the officials of health ministry here, so you will meet them there. There will be quite a few other nurses from other countries who will be attending it as well, so it would be a good opportunity for you to meet and greet them as well. Miss Lee, Dr Nico and myself will also be attending the seminar" Dr Taemin told Priyanka. "How long will the seminar be?" Priyanka asked. "I think its for 2 days" Dr Taemin replied.

Priyanka was looking forward to meeting other nurses and the ministry officials, so she was pretty excited for the seminar.

"Well leave on Sunday, since the seminar starts in Monday, and we'll be back on Wednesday" Dr Taemin told Priyanka. "Okay.... where will it be by the way?" Priyanka asked. "In Busan" Dr Taemin replied. "Ahhh....... okay sunday it is then" Priyanka said. "Yeah... I have to go for a surgery in half an hour, so excuse me" Dr Taemin said as he stood up. "I'll also get going now. Thank you for today sir" Priyanka said with a smile and she walked out of the office.

She had called Taxi grandpa to take her back to the apartment.

'Not bad for my first day here's Priyanka thought to herself as she waited for the taxi to arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoping you guys love this chapter.

Please vote, comment, and follow...

Take care of yourself during this pandemic. Keep safe and keep your family safe.

Peace out ✌🤡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~