CHAPTER 6

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This is more of a narrative chapter. Hope you all like it 🙂

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I was still in high school when I was scouted by a famous designer for modeling. I had done a great deal of photoshoots and modeling for the same designer. After almost 1 and a half year of working with him, I decided to stop modeling as I wanted to focus on my study's and a career. However, the designer requested me to do a last session before I can fully quit. And since I wanted to end everything perfectly I agreed to do it.

It was during the fashion icon week, and top designers and models of my country were all present there, either participating or being the audience. As I was getting ready in my outfit I noticed that it was too revealing, and I had never worn pieces that revealing during the past 1 and a half years of modeling. So I decided to ask my designer to do something about it, however he said that its only for 45 seconds that I'll be on the runway so I should not worry much about it. Since what he said was true I decided to get ready and wait for my turn to walk.

As I was waiting I was just getting this gutt feeling that somethings bad going to happen. And as I was thinking of what it could be I heard my name being called out to go on the runway, so I brushed off the feeling and walked up to the line ready to be on the stage. Then the music began and it was time for us to head out. Since I am the last one to go on stage followed by my designer I kept looking at the monitor to see the models on the runway. Then it was my turn.

As I walked on stage I could feel every eyes and camera on me. Not to sound ego-centered or anything, but I enjoyed that feeling, as I walked up on the runway with confidence. As I was walking I suddenly heard the audience gasp. I stopped........ and looked down to see my outfit has unknowingly untied and my top is almost slipping off my body. I quickly held my arm across my body to hold the top from falling any further. But the damage has already been done, as I stood there frozen with the cameras snapping and flashing from every direction as everyone took pictures of me. I didn't know what to do.

Normally in these situations the models have to act as if it's nothing and continue as the show must go on. However, it's not that simple. We models get extremely nervous when things as such happen. And at that moment all I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and never come out. As the cameras flashed I felt someone throw a shawl over me and took me backstage. I was so shocked and scared that I didn't even notice who it was until I felt her holding my shoulder and shaking me back into reality. It was my bestfriend.

I quickly decided to change into my comfortable clothes which covered my body from neck to toes. My friend quickly grabbed her car keys and gave me a scarf to cover myself as she knew how I was feeling at that moment. I covered my face with the scarf and without informing anyone I walked out of the backdoor of the building never to come back again.

Once in the car I finally broke down in tears and I just wanted to get home. My friend drove me home and I quickly ran to my room and locked myself not wanting to talk to anyone or give any explanation as to why I was crying. My friend must have told my family since no one came to disturb me knowing that I didn't want to talk with anyone.

The next day I woke up later in the afternoon as i had exhausted myself to sleep due to continuous crying. My brothers were both sitting beside my door when I walked out of my room. They both had a worried expression on their faces and I knew it meant trouble. And before I could say anything my younger brother gave me his phone and then I saw my photos from the show going viral throughout the social media. I knew at that moment that I'm going to have a hard time trying to cope up with it. But when I started reading the comments I realized that I might not face much difficulty afterall, considering that the comments were kind words to make me feel better instead of going into depression.
Some of the comments included:..
"Stay strong princess"
"Its not your fault whatever happened.... it can happen to anyone. Please dont cry and beat yourself due to that"
"Hey princess.... I know how you must be feeling right now. Dont worry about it and just be happy"
"You are amazing princess, dont let these minor errors affect you" etc.. etc..

I felt better at that moment.

However, what I did not realize that the incident has caused me to have a trauma which could lead me to have a panic attack if placed in a similar situation. And it was discovered when I had to get my passport photo taken. When the camera flashed to take my photo I remembered the incident and I got so scared that I started having difficulty breathing. Luckily my friend had gone with me *she had suspected something of this sort will happen. She took me to visit the doctor who later told me that I could have a panic attack if I'm in a situation whereby there are many cameras flashing. I also attending some counselling sessions hoping it would help but it didn't. So all I did was try to stay away from situations which included flashing of cameras to prevent myself from having a panic attack in public.

END OF FLASHBACK......

No matter how much you try to run away your worst nightmare will somehow find it's way. As I stood there almost having a panic attack and wishing for someone or something to happen...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Read in next chapter to find out how priyanka managed to avoid the situation.

Peace out ✌🤡

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆