CHAPTER 2

As I drove home I kept thinking of ways I could tell my family about the offer I got. And finally decided that I'll just tell them and wait to see their reaction. My house is 45 minute drive from the hospital. And since there was no traffic I was driving I into my driveway in no time. However as I drove in I saw a few cars parked in my compound. I did hear my mum saying something about having visitors over so I thought maybe its them. So as usual I parked my car in the garage and entered the house through the backdoor. And I headed straight into shower *I always do this as I dont like showering in the hospitals staff changing rooms shower.* So after shower I went to my room which is just beside the bathroom to change. After changing I went to the kitchen to let my mother and sister-in-law that I'm home.

At first my mother seemed shocked to see me home so early as she thought I was going to come home late at night.

MAA: Jii I thought you were doing afternoon shift and that you'll come back at night. How come you came back so early. It's not even 4pm.
ME: Oh my manager told me to go back early. It's because I.................. *I was about to tell her about my offer when we were interrupted by my sister-in-law Jessie*
JESSIE: Oh well it's a good thing you came back early. Now you can also help in dinner preparation.
ME: Yeah okay.... Oh by the way who came over?? I mean I saw vehicles outside.
MAA: Stop talking you two and quickly finish cooking. Theres not much to do so I'll go and talk with the guests.
*with that my mother left the kitchen and went to the living room.*

Since I am not the type of person who loves meeting her relatives since all they ask me is when I will be getting married so I didn't bother to go greet them.
*yes I'm single, and I dont even have a boyfriend. And I dont want to get married as I'm afraid to commit. I was heartbroken from my first relationship due to which I never had another boyfriend again and they reason why I'm afraid to commit to any relationship*.
As we were done with dinner preparation I decided to do the dishes while my sister-in-law set the table for dinner. While we were doing these my brother came to the kitchen. And he also seemed shocked to see me home early but didn't say anything as he left. After a few moments my mum came to the kitchen and almost shouted at my due to my dressing. *I was wearing a pair of high waist shorts and a sleeveless crop top with my hair in a high messy bun*. She came by my side and smacked my arm while whisper shouting....

MAA: What are you wearing?? Dont you have any proper and decent clothes to wear?? We have guests over. Go change NOW.
ME: *confused since this is how I normally dress up at home regardless of whether we have guests or not.. and my parents never complained about it*. But why?? I always dress like this at home. And I can't just go about changing clothes just because we have guests over.
MAA: Just do as I say and stop complaining.
*turning to my sister-in-law* oh and Jess dear why dont you help Jii with it please.
*And with that my mother left the kitchen again... leaving me confused*.

Since I had no other choice I decided to go change into a dress. After that I heard my father calling for me so I finally decided to go to the living room to meet the guests. However, when I went there I saw new faces altogether. I have never met them in my entire lifetime. And so that's when it hit me. MY PARENTS ARE TALKING ABOUT MY MARRIAGE. Since I didn't want to say anything in front of the new people who were invading my personal life by forcing me to get married, I just sat beside my father and kept quite.
After awhile everyone had dinner and then the elders left me and the new human alone to talk about our future 😠. I was so frustrated but I tried not to show it on my face. The guy seemed nice when we talked. I found out that he was the CEO of one of the famous franchises that was also recently recognized by the government as well. However I was not interested in getting married at all so there was of no need to get to know him better. So after awhile we decided to go outside where everyone were seated talking.
My brother saw us coming outside and so he signalled for me to go sit beside him and his wife. After talking for almost 3 hours the visitors finally decided to take leave. As soon as I saw them get in their vehicles I went inside the house and straight to my room.
I was so angry on my parents that I didn't wanted to face them at that moment afraid I might say something that I would definitely regret later on. *I have a very calm nature, however when I get angry I tend to speak without thinking and later I regret it*. And my family members knew it's better to avoid me, so they all went to bed since it was almost midnight.

I decided to talk to them about everything that happened today in the morning, and so after meditating for 30 minutes I also decided to go to bed.

Jii - Priyankas nickname at home.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. Please excuse any mistakes I may have made.

Peace out ✌🤡

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○