Chapter 8: Partners

Andy's Pov:

I wake up the next day, drained from the previous day. Who knew that high school could literally drain the life out of teens. As I take a shower, I can't stop thinking of everything that's happened so far. One, I finally got my sister back. Two, getting on the Riverdale Vixens. Finally, I'm not that lonely 15 year old girl anymore because after all the nights of crying, I'm with my family. Even though my family is happy that I'm home and with them, there's a part of me that doesn't feel completely whole, like there's something that's missing and that feeling has always been apart of me.

After just thinking in the shower about just random thought for a good 20 minutes, I get out and dry myself off. Walking into my huge closet, I pick out a pink sundress with white wedges. Gotta wear some type of heel, I'm short compared to everyone else here in Riverdale because all the girls, besides Betty (probably because she's already born tall, lucky), wears them. I put on mascara with some lip gloss and take my hair out from it's bun, my hair falling into waves and make my way to the dinning room.

I looked at the dining table and saw my parents and sister already eating, talking about something called Pickens Day but stopped as they see me

I looked at the dining table and saw my parents and sister already eating, talking about something called Pickens Day but stopped as they see me. "Good morning mija," daddy looked up from the newspaper.

"Good morning," I yawned while sitting down next to Ronnie. We eat in silence, it was as if I disturbed their conversation that they were having before I entered the room. We finished eating, and Ronnie and I pick up our bags before we leave for school.

As we both walked to the car, I break the silence, "What's Pickens Day Ron?"

She glanced up from texting at Archie smiles, "It's a day where Riverdale celebrates it's founding father, General Pickens. This year, our parents are hosting it at Pickens Park, where the Pickens has his own statue in the middle of the park."

"Oh so when is it?" I put my bag down on the floor and put on my seatbelt. Safety first!

"We're celebrating it this Saturday, so you have one day to figure out what your gonna be wearing Andy," she laughed knowing it takes me at least a week to figure out an outfit for an event. UGHHH.

• • • AT SCHOOL • • •

As V and I walked in to the lounge, Jughead ran over to me with a recorder in his hands, "Andriette Lodge, what do you think about your father celebrating a man who raided the natives of this land?"

I jumped at the sudden question, "What? What are you talking about," confusion plain on my face.

"Don't act like you don't know? Your family is going to be praising the General Pickens this Saturday and I just would like a quote from a member of the Lodge family," he spewed on about this whole Pickens Day ordeal, but Ronnie never told me about how Pickens stole the land.

"I'm sorry Jug, but I was just told that it was a day to celebrate Riverdale being found. I didn't know that Pickens stole Riverdale from people," I moved my head towards Ronnie, wondering why she didn't tell me the whole history.

"Of course she won't tell you. Sorry about the little ambush, but Pickens was the reason for the Serpents forming."

I left the lounge to go to my locker and saw Kev talking to a guy in a letterman jacket, obviously their talk isn't going the best because when the guy removed himself from the conversation, Kev's head hung low. "Hey Kev," he turned to look at me, "Excited about spending time with the Andy Lodge," I questioned trying to get him to smile and in a good mood.

"Of course. I've heard how fun you were back in New York and hope you can bring some spice here in Riverdale. Something..to distract us all," he trailed on as he looked ahead in the hall where the football player left.

*BELL RINGS*

"Trust me you'll see the iconic real Andy soon! See you later Kev," I laughed and walk off to class. Greattt, let the school begin:(

• • • SKIP TO LAST PERIOD • • •

The whole day seemed like it dragged on that felt like banging my head on my locker, but I have one more class before I can finally dive into a chocolate milkshake with fries.

Walking into Chemistry and to my sit in the back, surprised to see Mr. Mysterious already in his seat, but I ignore him and continue to put my head down to take a nap. I'm too mentally and physically drain to listen to ANOTHER lecture, even though I'm sitting next to Riverdale's most attractive guy, well at least to me he is;)

I spent the whole class asleep and woke up when the teacher starts talking about a project coming up, "Jackson and Derek, Sarah and Axel, Josie and Teresa," I raised my head up, wondering who I'm gonna be paired up with. "Andy and Sweet Pea." Sweet Pea? What kind of name is that? Better yet, who is that? I haven't met a Sweet Pea and nobody has mentioned a person named Sweet Pea to me.

"Looks like we're partners princess," I slowly turned my head towards the voice behind me, at a smirking Sweet Pea.

I was too nervous to get anything out of my mouth, he noticed and snickered at me. The bell rung just in time for me to stop embarrassing the hell out of me and as I was walked past Sweet Pea, he called out to me.

"Hey princess, so when are we gonna work on this project shit," he stood up and towers over me.

I put a piece of my hair behind my ear nervously, "Uh, how about we meet at field tomorrow after school and start to plan what we're gonna do. Does that work f-for you," cursing at myself for stuttering.

He smirked, "Yeah that works for me," he started walking but stopped as he's next to me and leans towards my ear, "princess."

My heart beats quickened and I sucked in a breath. He left out the door, leaving me frozen in my spot alone in the room. Shit, this is gonna be... interesting.