Chapter 25: Protection

Veronica forced everyone to play board games for the remainder of the day. Sweet Pea wasn't too fond of the idea. For starters, he didn't really like Jughead or Archie and Betty he disliked. As for my sister, he's beginning to tolerate her, even though she's dating the guy that he almost tried to kill. Leave it to Sweet Pea to get into fights of course.

The six of us were in the middle of playing a game of Monopoly. I had owned the majority of the properties, making everyone else annoyed that every single time they landed on my pieces they had to pay. I sat comfortably in between Sweet Pea's legs as he was leaning against the couch. He had his hands resting on my thighs and would occasionally sneak kisses onto my neck, making the boys grimace at the sight and the girls gush over the affection that he showed in front of everyone.

"I must say Sweet Pea. I'd never take you as the affectionate kind of guy," my sister rolled the dice.

Sweet Pea moved his hands to rest on the couch as he gave a cold stare to her, "What can I say Andy brings out the best in me."

Betty scooted closer to Jug, head on his shoulder, "Aw you two are just so cute," she lifted her head at her boyfriend, "Why can't you be like that?"

Sweet Pea shook his head with a chuckle as I leaned further against him. Heat radiating off of him making me feel tired. He pulled down a throw blanket from the couch and put it around me as he noticed I was slightly shivering against him.

Betty's phone began to ring, "Ew it's my mom. Should I answer it?"

No's filled the room.

"What if it's about Chick? Let me just.." She left the table and walked away.

"Who's Chic?" I asked because this is the first I've heard of this person.

Ronnie glanced over at me, "Chic is Betty's half brother. By the way, when are we ever gonna get to meet Chic," my sister continued.

Jughead took a peak at Betty before looking back at us, "I actually did before we left."

"And how is he?"

"Honestly, he's kinda creepy."

Betty walked into the room hesitantly, "Guys.." Archie asked her if everything was okay, "No, actually. My mom is freaking out because Hiram Lodge just bought the Riverdale Register."

Eyes landed on both Veronica and I. Both of our mouths fell open in shock.

"My mom is losing her mind. My dad's not answering her calls. Veronica, Andy, did you know your dad was buying the Register," Betty accusingly asked. We all stood up from our sitting positions.

I shook my head truthfully blinded by my father's actions. My sister was offended by the accusation, "What? No, Betty, of course not."

"See, this is what I'm talking about," Jughead looked at Ronnie and I shaking his head. Both Archie and Sweet Pea stood in front of my sister and I.

"I suggest that you change that tone Jones before things it ugly," Sweet Pea menacingly told him.

"Relax Jughead," Archie was angered.

"Don't tell me to relax-"

"Is that why you brought us up here," Betty focused her attention onto V, "Obviously Andy isn't a fan of your father so she couldn't have known that he was gonna buy the Register and all the Serpents' debt. Did you just bring her up here so that not all the blame would be on you?"

"Yes," Jug backed the blonde.

"To get us out of town while your dad was doing these things?"

My sister's breathing quickened, "Okay now who sounds crazy?" I grabbed onto my sister's hand, squeezing it, telling her that I'm here for her.