Chapter 45: Threats Against Us

When Pea rolled up to his trailer, we sat in the car in silence. My brain was on overload as it kept replaying the image of the man back at the Pembrooke. I'm not even entirely sure he was there for me, but even I can't let this incident pass by. So much is happening so fast with the fucking Black Hood, random text messages, and now some pissed off mob families are gunning for my family. With these three very clear targets on my back, I'm lucky to get out of it all without a scratch.

Pea took the keys out of the ignition and looked over at me. The whole ride over here, I've been shaking. Not from the cold, but from the fear and terror I'm feeling. "Baby," Pea put his hand in mine, "Let's get inside." He was the first one out, as I just stood in the car, scared of stepping outside of the protection of the vehicle. Sweet Pea came around to my side, with my bags in hand, and opened my door. Concern filled his eyes as he stared at my condition. "Andy," I glanced at him as he pleaded, "Come on. You got to get inside. It's safer."

I nodded and slowly unbuckled myself, pushing my body out of the car. I stood close to Sweet Pea as we walked to his front door and as soon as he opened the door, I pushed through and went straight to his room. Once in the comfort of his room, I sat on his bed, knees to my chest as I let tears roll down my face. Finally, letting out my emotions because I felt safe being vulnerable with him.

Pea dropped my bags at the foot of the bed and made his way over to me as he sat on his side of the bed, pulling me into his chest. "Everything's gonna be okay," he cooed, "I'm here. Nothing will happen."

"Put you can't guarantee that Pea," my voice broke. "Riverdale was meant to be my fresh start. A do over from the mess back at New York. It just seems like history is repeating itself all over, but this time... it's ten times worse. I don't think I'm gonna make it out of Riverdale alive Pea." A sob came from me as I thought of the worst scenario, death, which seems to be a frequent thing in this town.

Pea placed his chin on top of my head, "You will because I'm going to fight for and protect you."

I shook my head, "I don't want you to get hurt with these kind of people. The mob... the mob, everyone in it will hurt the person either emotionally or physically. I don't care if they hurt me physically, just as long as they leave the people I care about and love alone. If they hurt you," I shifted so I can look directly into his brown eyes, "I wouldn't be able to live with myself. You mean so much to me Sweet Pea, I can't and I won't let you get in between my fights."

"Your fights, are my fights. We are a team Andy and when I asked to you to be my girlfriend, I knew that it'd be a challenge, but I'm ready to go through all the obstacles because I've never cared about anyone as much as I do for you Andriette. I will fight for you till the death, each and every time," he spoke with determination.

"Thank you," I caressed his face, "but I can't let you." Pea opened his mouth to protest, but I was quick to beat him, "I'm gonna go take a shower. It's been a really long day."

"U-uh yeah. Yeah, of course," Pea pushed himself to sit himself against the headboard as he watched me grab one of his shirts and one of my underwears and go in the bathroom. I turned on the water quickly so that Pea wouldn't be able to hear the onset of tears and quiet sobs from me as I got in the shower. 

I felt like I let myself down. It took me almost a year to gain my confidence, and it was thanks to Jaxon and all the time I had alone in the boarding school. Jaxon knew that I had major issues back at home with my father. My dad and I constantly got into arguments how I was never good enough for the image he was so head set on having with the rest of the mob. I was told that I was being a disappointment, how I should be more like Veronica instead of being my true self. Jaxon was there for me and made me feel comfortable in my skin. When he died, his death broke me. Being sent away the same night, only caused more pain as I was ripped away from my life that I had in New York.