Chapter 38: The Lodge Liar

As Pea came to my side, he reached for my arm, making sure that none of the Bulldogs touch me. We walked away from the school and crowed, as everyone started booing Archie and his goons. Once out of the crowd, my eyes were met with the sight of Veronica, holding her purse and leaning on our family's limo. I felt my blood start to boil as I stared at my sister, betrayal ran deep inside of me. 

Veronica walked over to me, heels clicking, "Come on Andriette. Dad wants us home."

I held my cold stare at my sister, "Of course he'd send you to come get me, and you would do it. The Veronica Lodge, always doing her father's bidding. As usual."

"Andy," my sister said in a pleading way, as to make me stop talking before I make a scene. A scene that would damage her image even more.

"What V? Scared that I'm gonna say something that's gonna hurt you," I pointed at her, "Seems to me you're already doing a perfect job at that alone, even bringing me down along with you."

"Get in the car Andy," she spoke through gritted teeth, "Well talk about this when we get home."

I was about to protest when Pea put his hand on my shoulder, "Go with her Princess. We'll be fine," he glanced back at the other Serpents. "I don't want your dad being more angry with you than he probably already is."

A puzzled look was brought onto my face, but I did as he said and went with my sister. He followed close behind and opened my door, "If anything happens... call me and I'll pick you up Andriette."

My eyes widened as he used my full name. He's never used my name. I felt a chill go down my spine as I sensed a sense of worry and urgency behind his tone. "I will," I said more as a question, confused as to why he would be so worried.

"I mean it Andy," he raised his brows as his voice lowered.

I gave a slow nod, "Promise I will." With that, he closed my door, but never took his eyes off the car as we left the parking lot.

- - - 

The car ride home was unbelievably silent, awkward, and tense. It was the first time that the Lodge sister's had nothing to say to each other. Of course, we had fights like every other siblings did but we would make up right after. This time, the anger ran deep between us because not every family was apart of the mob.

As soon as our driver parked the car, I stormed out of the car and swung open the doors to the Pembroke. Ronnie only caught up to me when we got to the front door of our apartment because I had to wait for her ask she had the keys. When she opened the door, I was the first one in, trying to get to my room and away from her.

"Andy," my sister spoke harshly, "Can we at least talk?"

I swung myself around, anger coursing through me, "How could you Veronica? You never told me that you knew what dad was gonna do to them. The Serpents. You knew he was gonna shut it down and demolish it for a prison. Yet, you never told Betty or Jughead. You lied to them."

"I did what I had to do," V's eyes were ablaze.

"For what," I threw my arms us, frustrated, "To still hold that perfect daughter image to our parents. News flash, V but don't care about us. They use us as pawns in there fucking game. Ronnie, he took those kid's school, bought away the debt at Sunnyside Trailer, and is now planning to build a prison. What is he planning V? I know you know, and the thing that hurts is that you didn't even think about telling me. What happened to having my back? What ever he does to the Serpents, is a personal attack on me."

Veronica fell on the couch, tears brimming her eyes, "I didn't tell you because we knew that you wouldn't agree with everything that's happening. We knew you were gonna try and stop their plans... they don't need anymore bad publicity. Even I don't agree with what their doing Andy, but-"