Chapter 21: The Letter

It was 3 a.m. when Sweet Pea dropped me off at the Pembrooke. When I untangled myself from him and got off the bike, I was pulled back by my wrist. His lips found mine as he had his hands resting on my hips. I felt him smile against my lips as he pulled away, "Goodnight Princess. I'll pick you up tomorrow for school." He gave a small peck, before he disappeared in the dark night.

Once I was in front of my family's apartment, lights illuminated out from the under door. Opening the door with confusion written on my face, I was met with my parents and sister on the couch, all sharing the same worried look as they peered at me. I closed the door and slowly sat on the armrest next to my father. "What's wrong? You all look like you seen a ghost," I tried to lighten the mood, but failed miserably as I saw my mom's eyes soften as she looked at me.

My father grabbed an envelope that laid next to him, "This came today," he handed it over to me, "It's for you."

Written on the front of the envelope was Miss Andriette Lodge. "It's from him. The Black Hood," I looked down at my sister who's voice wavered. With my nerves heightened, I opened the piece of mail that was directed to me. At first look of the letter, I was perplexed as to why the Black Hood cut out letters from different magazines. Like who had time for that. Obsessed much. I think yes.

To the youngest Lodge,

You can't escape your past. Sinners MUST pay their debt.

Black Hood

My eyes widen as I turned over the paper and dropped it in fear. I felt as if I would vomit on the spot. There was a picture of a viper snake. He knows. The Black Hood knows of my past as a Viper...and I could possibly be his next victim.

"He knows," I looked ahead to the fireplace, "He knows that I was in a gang back home. He said sinners must pay their debt." My body started to shake as realization hit, "The Black Hood wants me dead."

"I will not let that happen mija," my father brought me closer to him, "From now on I don't want you walking around anywhere on your own Andy. You are to have someone with you at all times."

"Wait, what is she gonna do this weekend," Veronica spoke, "She's coming with me, Archie, Betty, and Jughead for the weekend to the lake house remember. Not to sound mean or anything, but we're not all gonna be together all the time." I cringed with pure disgust as I knew what she was insinuating, "and if this psychopath is gonna try to do something to her, then she needs someone to be with her 24/7."

My father contemplated, "Then she'll have to invite someone."

*MORNING*

I got out of bed an hour early because I was tired of staying in bed wide awake. All night, I tried to force myself to sleep, but to no prevail. My mind was filled with thoughts that a crazed man is after me. How he found out about my past is beyond me. If only I was in a gang, I could tell them that someone has threatened me and then they would all be willing to fight for me and give me protection.

I know my father will give me the protection I needed, but when in a gang, they all would give their lives for someone in their gang. A gang is a family in the end. A family that would fight to the death for each other. I missed that type of bond with people.

I throw on a comfortable outfit after I take a 45 minute shower, but don't forget the heels

I throw on a comfortable outfit after I take a 45 minute shower, but don't forget the heels. I need the height:)

Today, I refuse to wear any makeup because I couldn't be bothered with it. I just wasn't in the mood so I curled my straight ass lashes. My phone rings, indicating a text message.

Sweet Pea: Outside

A smile crept up on my face when I see his name pop on my phone. The smile fades as I remember that I have to tell him about the letter, but a spark of happiness seeps back in when I realize that I have to also ask him to come with me to the lake house. I quickly replied back and grabbed my bag.

Sweet Pea noticed my tired state as worry flashed in his eyes, "What's wrong?"

A heavy breath escapes my lips, "I got a letter," I mumbled, "from the Black Hood. He wants me to pay for my 'debt'"

He slouched on his bike as he rubbed his face, "He's not hurting you. I won't let that happen. I'll call the Serpents for their protection," his voice lowered as he pulled me in a hug. He hides his face in the crook of my neck, "I won't let him hurt you."

"Come with me to the lake house this weekend," without thinking I blurted out.

His grip on me loosened as he looks in my eyes with his brows furrowed. "Ronnie, Archie, Jughead, and Betty all want me to go with them this weekend to escape everything that happening. I- I just want you to come with me."

When he didn't respond, I couldn't do talk nervously, "Only if you want to of course, you don't hav-"

"I'll go. If you're going, I'm going. I won't let my girlfriend endure the torture of fifth wheeling. Especially since now that the fucking Black Hood sent you a letter, I'm not letting you out of my sight. If he even comes close to you, I will make his life hell."

Butterflies is all I felt in my stomach as he called me his for the first time. I stand of my toes to kiss him, "Thank you Pea." I let go of him to get on his bike.

I pushed him to scoot a little back on the back before I swing my leg over the bike to sit in front of him. As I sat down, I made sure to slightly make my ass touch his private area, "Now let's get to school," I said over my shoulder, "Don't wanna be late."

He sucks in a breath before leaning forward to start the bike, "We got all weekend long together, don't wanna start a game now that you can not finish baby," his voice came out raspy.

"Hm I think I'll take my chances," I leaned back into his chest as we drove off. For some reason, I felt more confident around him, but a part of me is still scared to fully open up to him. I'm terrified at what might happen if my father finds out about Pea. I don't want history to repeat again because this time, my feelings seems stronger than before.

A/N: Thoughts so far? Tell me what you guys would possibly like to see in the near future!