Chapter 20: Bearing it All

Andy's Pov:

"You what," I breathed out as my eyes softened at the man before me.

Sweet Pea took a step towards me, "Can we talk about this somewhere more private. Please," he pleaded to me as he grabbed my hand.

I glanced around us, embarrassed at the few girls that stood wide eyed watching us. I nodded my head, and he led me to the rock overhang of the quarry.

As we strolled to a covered spot, he kept glancing back at me but never dared to catch my eyes, almost as if he was scared for what was to come next. We walked for about ten minutes going deeper into the woods before he halted in front of me without telling me, so I walked into his muscled back with a thud. "Sorry," I looked down as I nervously pushed a strand of my hair behind my ears.

"It's fine." He let go of my hand to move some leaves out of our path to show a peaceful open area that was hidden to those below us. The scene took my breath away, utterly shocked that the guy that puts on a tough and hard exterior could find this place calm and peaceful place. He walked away from my side to sit down and hang his legs over the ledge.

"This place..it's beautiful Pea. How'd you find it," I asked as I sat next to him and took in the sun with my eyes closed.

He chuckled, "Yeah it's nice. My mom always took me here when I was little...Before she left me." I opened my eyes to look at the Serpent next to me gazing at the sunset and felt a pang in my heart for him. I pushed myself forward to put a hand on his shoulder.

He tensed at the sudden contact before relaxing and turning his head to look back at me,"I'm sor-"

"No. No I don't need anyone's sympathy or pity," he grabbed my hand off his shoulder and held it, "She left my father and I when I was four for a Northside man and went to California and had another family with him."

I brought my other hand to his face, "For what it's worth, I'm still sorry. No four year should be left alone by the person that meant to care for them. How'd your father take it if you don't mind me asking," he pulled away from me and sighed, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to really."

He clasped his hands together and leaned on his knees, "It's fine. I want to tell you Andy. After my mother left," he dropped his glare turned cold as he stared at the sky changing colors, "my father became an abusive drunk. Told me that I reminded him of her and beat me any chance he got. Came home drunk out of his mind, sometimes with a girl, and would beat me till I was unconscious." He sucked in a breath, "so when I was twelve I went to FP told him everything that was happening and he got me my trailer. I've been on my own since then."

"That's why you hate Northsiders so much," he nodded solemnly at my question.

I stared ahead with him before I decided it was time to tell him my whole truth, "I joined a gang back in NYC called the vipers when I was just in eighth grade," I saw from the side of my eye that his head turned to me.

"It was the ending of eighth grade when things took a turn for the worst. We got a huge shipment and were told to go to a warehouse. We all went not knowing a clue of our buyer, until he walked in. It was my father. When he noticed I was with the Vipers he ordered his people to shoot up the place and for me to be dragged out," I paused as my voice wavered. "Someone who was very close to me, got himself killed trying to save me from my father," I bit my bottom lip at the memory of Jaxon laying bloody in front of me, "My father sent me to Jersey and cut me off completely from everyone, until I wrote to my grandma and she got me out."

I gathered the courage to look at Sweet Pea, "What you said last night wasn't true. People make their own paths. They decide who they get to love, what they get to do, and what they get to be. Where we come from doesn't define who we are. I came from a rich family and still had a shit story," I put my hand on his arm, "We make our own stories Pea and for me...I want you in mine."

He pulled my hand into his, "I want you in mine too Andy. I know that I told you that we didn't belong with each other but I lied. From the moment I saw you, I felt drawn to you and I couldn't get you out of my mind. It scared the shit out of me because I've never felt so strongly about someone before so I tried everything in my power to push every single thought about you out of my head, but I failed each time. I might not be the best person for you because I'm far from relationship material, but fuck I'll try my best. For you."

I smiled at his words. "In my eyes, you're perfect for me," I leaned in and placed my lips on his.

Our lips moved in sync with so much passion and electricity. It felt like we were made for each other. This guy has slithered his way into my heart and I was scared at how much power he had over me.

Sweet Pea closed the space between us with his lips. He leaned back, "I know that I'm not perfect, but if you still would like to date then," he brought his eyes to our hands nervously, "Will you be my girlfriend Andy."

I smiled, "I'd love to." I threw my arms around his neck and brought my lips to meet his.

" I threw my arms around his neck and brought my lips to meet his

For once, I felt like my life was coming together.