Chapter 57: I love you...

Andy's Pov

"I don't understand. Who would even do this to her. She hasn't done anything to anyone."

In the distant, I could here my sister's muffled voice, but I couldn't find the strength to open up my eyes.

"Things just aren't making sense."

"Hermonie, don't worry. Our daughter is a fighter after all. Just like her father. She'll make it through just fine."

Forcing myself to gather every single ounce of energy and strength in my body, slowly I opened my eyes. Instantly, my eyes squinted at the sudden brightness that met my eyes as I grimaced.

 Instantly, my eyes squinted at the sudden brightness that met my eyes as I grimaced

"Oh my god," I felt a hand grab onto mine, "You're awake. Thank god." Inching my head towards the voice, I saw my sister, worried and relieved.

Confusion filled my mind as I glanced at Veronica and then took a look at my surroundings. Why was I in a hospital room? Realization hit me like a bus. Horrid memories began flooding my head. The way Malachi walked up to me, talked to me, and stabbed me... his friends following his lead shortly after. All beating me until I was unconscious. "What happened? How did I get here," I tried pushing myself up further on the bed, but a yell escaped me as a wave of pain from my stomach shot through me.

"Aye mija," my mother rushed over to me, leaving my father's side, who stood in behind Veronica's chair. Mom fluffed my pillow, not wanting me to move much, "Veronica got a text from a random number. Telling her where to go, and... well she found you there at Pop's. Bleeding out, almost dead. If she was there a minute later..." She took a shaky breath in, thinking of the possibility if Veronica was there later than when she was. "As soon as you got here, the doctor took up to surgery immediately. The wound pierced your lung and blood was filling them. You were in surgery for two and a half hours."

I glanced around the room once more, looking for Pea. "Where is he? Sweet Pea," my voice broke as my throat was dry.

Dad picked up the pitcher of iced water and poured a glass for me as he walked to the other side of the bed, handing it to me as he helped me push myself further up the bed to take a drink, "Sweet Pea has been outside of your room all night, ever since he got here. Poor boy has been pacing back and forth, worried sick about you mija." He cleared his throat as he peered at mom, "There's also something we want to tell you."

"I'll tell her," Veronica spoke up as she inched closer to the edge of her chair. Her eyes held sympathy and pity, "Andy... it's about the Serpents."

My eyes lit up, "Wait. What happened to Fangs? Is he alright? He should be back at his trailer-"

"It's about Fangs and.. um.. Jughead, Andy." Ronnie gulped as she saw my face fall at the sudden sharpness in her voice.

I sank further in the uncomfortable bed as every inch of my body began to worry. "What do you mean it's about Fangs and Jug?"