Chapter 53: Just like Dad

"What are you going to do Veronica," I asked as I sat next to her on the bed, Pea stood alone in the corner of the room. He's been tense ever since we got here, especially when my father looked at him.

Veronica was shaking her head, "I have no idea." The room fell silent, but then my sister's face lit up, "I have an idea. Follow me."

In a rush, she jumped from the bed and ran to the door, swinging it open. Pea and I just stared at each other, knowing that whatever she has planned, will most definitely anger our father.

When the both of us left the room, we say that Veronica made her way into dad's office and when we entered the room, she opened his safe, "Not enough," she mumbled.

"Veronica don't tell me you're actually planning on stealing money from him. Again," I asked her as I hesitatingly walked further in the room.

"What do you mean again," she asked as she rummaged through the room.

I sat down on the couch, "I know that you paid off all the medical bills for Fred Andrews. I'm not stupid."

"Yes, I did because they were drowning in debt. I had to help them," Veronica spun around to face me angrily. "Besides, think of it more like, I'm just getting my birthday money early."

"Damn, wish I got a million dollars for my birthday," Sweet Pea spoke as he scanned the room.

"I'll be back guys," Veronica spoke, "I'm going to call Nick."

Pea looked at the girl confused, "I thought you said you didn't have enough money."

She nodded her head, "I don't, but... I'll think of something."

- - -

Veronica rode in a different car then Sweet Pea and I, in order for us to hide better because if Nick saw us, he'd hurt Archie more than he already has.

My phone got a notification.

Veronica: I'll text if anything happens.

"This is ridiculous," I said as I sank further in Pea's truck's seat.

He looked over at me, placing a hand on my thigh, "What do you mean?"

"All of this. What the fuck is happening in Riverdale! People are killing others in cold blood, apparently it's filled with literal psychopaths and sociopaths, who think it's okay to kidnap people and torture them," my body began shaking, fear coursing through it.

"I... I think when school is over.. I'm just gonna take a break from Riverdale. This isn't what I signed up for."

Pea snapped his head towards me, "What do you mean? Are you leaving like... permanently?"

I brought my gaze up to his, "No. I just... need to take a trip from this overwhelming place. It's like sucking the life out of us all. I'll take a trip to New York, but... I want you to come with me Sweet Pea. You also need to have a little escape."

"I'll follow you were ever you go," he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Till the end."

I smiled up at him as I leaned in for a kiss. As the kiss began to become more heated, Veronica texted me.

Pea groaned in annoyance, "Of course."

I rolled my eyes at him as I looked down at my phone.

He didn't accept the cash, but as the freaking pig he is, he'll give me Archie if I spend a night with him at the Pembrooke.

"Shit," I threw my phone in purse as I held the bridge of my nose.

"What is it," Sweet Pea asked as he turned on the engine when he saw Nick leave Pop's.