Chapter 49: His World

The following day at school was pretty rough for me. I woke up and I was actually excited for what the upcoming day might hold, but as soon as Pea and I walked through the front doors of our high school, I felt myself shutting down. The fear inside me is only growing as the threats keeping piling on. I just am more frightened about how none of them have tried to do anything yet. It's like a waiting came at this point. A waiting game that leaves me sitting in the dark because anyone, anyone, can be working with my enemies. Students, teachers, and even strangers may be working with them. The fact that that man was outside, just stalking me from my apartment only has me constantly looking over my shoulder every second. 

The only time I felt safe throughout the day was when I was with the Serpents and Pea. Veronica hasn't talked to me, besides last night, but that was just because we were there to save our friend and were able to push aside our differences to come together. This tension between me and her, it's never been like this. Here in Riverdale, we are constantly at each other's throats, while back at NYC we were each other's best friend. It is times like this that I feel like Riverdale is only trying to rip apart my family, when in reality my mother moved here with V for a better chance at life while dad was in prison. As soon as that man was released, I guess the whole town went further into shit, and then adding me into the mixture only worsened because I brought back secrets that my father hoped he would leave behind in New York. 

"Are you okay, princess?" I shake my head as Pea brought me back to reality.

I gave a small smile, "Yeah. Of course. I was just.. I just was thinking." He walked towards me in the classroom all us Serpents were meeting in, leaving the group of guys he was talking to. 

"Are you sure? You've been checked out all morning," he wrapped me into his embrace.

I held myself close to him as I kissed his shoulder, "You know.. there's a lot on my mind lately. Just an average day in Andriette Lodge's fucked up life."

"Your life isn't fucked up baby. Before it might have been, but from now on, I promise you that I will only give you the best days of your life. You deserve so much more than what you're getting right now," Pea pecked my temple. 

"Alright," Jughead said as he took his spot in front of the room, "Everybody we have a guest. Give her your respect everyone. Especially, you, Sweet Pea." Sweet Pea held his hands up in surrender as I shook my head and pulled him down to sit on top of the desk I was sitting. 

Slowly the classroom door opened, revealing the one and only, Alice Cooper, Jughead left the front to sit next to Betty. The tension in the room was so thick, you could cut it and eat it as if it were a piece of cake. Hm maybe chocolate cake. Ooo funfetti. Everybody likes funfetti. 

"I asked Jughead to thank you for me, but I reconsidered, because I wanted to do it myself," Alice held her head up high, while some of the teens were glaring at her, disapproving of her presence with us. "So thank you for what you did. I also wanted you to hear it directly from me that I am done attacking and disavowing the Southside. It's where I'm from, and I should be proud of that. And from now on, I will be. And like my daughter, I will  fight tooth and nail for it."

The moment the meeting was up, Sweet Pea laced his hand in mine as we walked out of the room and pushed me up against the wall. I felt myself giggle, "What are you doing baby?"

He smirked wickedly, "Just admiring my beautiful girlfriend as I kiss her."

I furrowed my brows, "You're no-" He cut me off by smashing his soft lips to mine, which I was not objecting to. I snaked my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me as his arm went down to my waist. He slowly trailed his hand lower, squeezing my ass, making me gasp and giving him the opportunity to put his tongue in my mouth.

"ANDY! There you are."

Sweet Pea groaned in frustration at the sound of Kevin's voice interrupting our make out session. I playfully slap Pea's shoulder, "Be nice," and turned towards a grinning Kevin, "Well, here I am. What's up Kev?"

"I'm glad you asked," Kevin wouldn't stop smiling which was staring to low key freak me out, "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be in my musical?"

I gave him a strained face, "I'm sorry Kev, but I don't do dancing or singing. Especially, in front of a crowd."

"But you danced with Reggie before at his party and that was in a crowd," Kevin whined.

I felt Sweet Pea tense behind me at the sound of Reggie's name. "I gotta go," Sweet Pea said through gritted teeth, leaving me without a glance.

Kevin turned his head back to see Sweet Pea stocking away from us and gave me an apologetic face as he turned back, "Did I do that?"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah... He really doesn't like Reggie. He'll get over it soon though... hopefully."

Kevin leaned on the wall, "You know what I hear is the best when someone's mad?"

I gave him a disgusted look, knowing already what he was gonna say, "Don't even say it."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm just saying, Sweet Pea definitely seems like the type of guy to be rough as hell." Kevin sighed as he glanced back at the direction where Pea left, "Damn you're so lucky Andy."

I rolled my eyes as I pushed myself off the wall with a smile, "Goodbye Kevin." I ran after Sweet Pea, who stormed out of the school. God sometimes he can be a lot, but no matter what I still love him. When I ran outside, I saw Sweet Pea riding away from the school on his motorcycle. I sighed as I leaned on the brick wall, he was my ride home. 

"Hey what has him all worked up," Fangs asked as he came up the stairs.

I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled my jacket closer to my body, "Kevin accidentally mentioned the fact that I danced with Reggie before at his party. The same night where Pea and I had a huge fight, where we both said some things that we didn't mean..."

Fangs let out a whistle, "Damn. Yeah, it's best to let Pea to just cool off for now because if you talk to him then he will most certainly say things he doesn't mean and if he fucks up this relationship you two have, I personally will beat the shit out of him. You're the best thing in his life. The man loves you."

My eyes widened, "He loves me?"

"Are you kidding me? Sweet Pea loves you more than life itself. He just has trouble saying it since the only other woman he's loved, his mother, left him with an abusive father." Fangs sighed as he placed a hand on my shoulder, "When he says he'd die for you Andy, he means it. He rather die fighting for you, than not trying at all. You are his world."