Chapter 26: Preparation

The following morning, I woke up on a mission. Last night, when I got home, I texted Toni about how I want to go through with the Serpent dance. She told me how she'd tell FP after she got off of work and that I should go over to her place today. Naturally, I woke up early and took a shower, not wanting to be late.

"Mija," I dropped the clothes in my hands to see my dad walking into my room.

"Geez dad. Ever heard of knocking," I told him as I held my towel tighter.

He took a seat on the edge of my bed, "I pay for us to live here, so I don't think I need to knock on a door that I pay for." He stopped talking, taking in a breath, "I want to talk about this Sweet Pea-"

I shook my head, "No daddy. I'm dating him. End of discussion."

"You don't understand Andriette. He's a danger. He could bring you down, or worse hurt you."

I grabbed my clothes from the bed, "I can't believe you. Sweet Pea isn't the danger here dad, you are. You've been scamming behind V and I's backs. You want to stand here, accusing a teenage guy being a danger to me, when you sent me alone to Jersey. You paid for all the Serpent's debt and for what? Out of the kindness of your heart because daddy we both know you don't pay for things like that. You most certainly have a master plan for Riverdale. First you put an eviction notice for them, have mom run for mayor, pay for their debt, and buy the Register. I'm not blind like Veronica. I know you're up to something dad, so please...don't accuse Sweet Pea of being a danger to me when something more dangerous already lives with me. Now get out. I have places to be." My father's jaw clenched, but left without another word.

I walked into my bathroom, slamming the door and leaned on the sink. Sweet Pea has made me far more happier than anyone ever could in such a short span of time, why can't my father just accept the fact that I'm happy. My phone rings, signaling a text message.

SWEETS: Good morning princess
Me: Morning babe

SWEETS: What are you doing today? Wanna come over?

Me: As much as I would like to, I can't because I'm going over to Toni's to talk about the Serpent Dance. Wanna come?

SWEETS: I'll be there.

Ever since I told Pea that I wanted to join the Serpents, he's been against the whole ordeal. He doesn't want me to dance in front of the other Serpent's because he said it's degrading for the women, but even I know that he's one of those guys that stares at them with wanting eyes.

I'm not gonna let him tell me what I can or can't do in this relationship, he needs to realize that I can make decisions on my own. He doesn't need to go all protective on me all the time.

- - -

Once at Toni's, the pink haired girl went straight to work in finding a song for the dance. According to her, the song is the most important part because it sets the whole mood.

As she was scrolling through her playlist on her phone, she looked up at me for a brief second, "So tell me...did you two have sex?

I fidgeted on the couch awkwardly, "No, but...but I can tell you we're becoming a lot more comfortable with each other."

"Do you want to?"

I sighed, "Of course I do. I mean have you seen the guy. It's just, even though I feel a slight feeling of confidence around him...I'm just insecure. I'm beyond terrified that he's just gonna leave me after we do. I'm falling for him now and I don't think I can take it if he actually leaves me after we do have sex, because I know my feelings for him are just gonna intensify. What if he wants to now and I'm just holding back?"

Toni put her phone done, "You'll know when you're ready Andy. Don't rush it just because you think it's what he wants. His ass can wait."

Suddenly, the trailer door opened, revealing the devil himself, Sweet Pea. He walked over to me and plopped himself down next to me, bring me closer to him with his arm, "Hey beautiful."

My breath hitched at what he said. He's never called me beautiful before, only ever Princess. I blushed, "Hey babe," and kissed his lips. He smiled into the kiss.

Toni cleared her throat, "Oh don't worry you can just come in unannounced. Doesn't bother me," she sarcastically said as continuing her search for a song. "I FOUND IT!" She screamed, making me jump further in Pea's arm.

"For fucks sake Topaz what the fuck is with the screaming," Pea groaned.

Toni got up from her spot on the floor and sat between Pea and I, making him roll his eyes. "I found the song. It's Skin by Rihanna. It's the perfect balance of sexy and...well...sexy," she smiled as she played the song.

"No," Pea said flatly, "She's not dancing to that crap."

Toni slapped Pea in his injured side, making him his in pain, "Oh shut it. Don't act like your not gonna be one of those men all over her when she's dancing. What do you think Andy?"

"I love it," I jumped up from the couch.

Pea's eyes shot to mine, "What? N-"

"I'm dancing to it. That's it," I told him, quickly shutting down his protests.

Toni took that as her cue to pull Pea up, "Well you heard the lady. Get your ass out because I gotta teach her the dance." She turned to me once we heard his bike leave, "Now you ready to get him all hot and bothered tomorrow," and pulled me to the center of the room to begin.

Toni gave me a break after working for the past hour, "Also...do you till have that red lingerie I bought you?" I nodded as I drank water.

"Good. Wear it tomorrow night for the dance. Pea will solely be focused on you. All of you."

My heart beat quickens as the thought excited me. With him, I don't feel all so insecure, but a confident side of me is brought out that I didn't even know I had.

Pea said that we both come from two completely different worlds, and I hope by doing this will bring our worlds a little bit closer together. Being a Serpent will mean everything to me. That I have that support system back, that family back. I want to prove to Pea that I'm not doing this just for me, but I'm doing this for us... for him.

He makes me feel secure, safe, and special beyond anyone could give me. Whenever I'm with him, our fucked up world fades away to just us. When we touch sparks shoot through me. When we kiss, electricity races through every single inch of my being. I want him and I will do anything to prove to him that I will fight for us. I will fight for him.