Chapter 29: I'm fine?

I woke up the next morning by the sunlight beaming into the room. Stretching my body out, I felt that it was empty. Pea wasn't in bed with me. I felt my heart shatter at the fact that he wasn't here. Until the door opened, revealing Pea himself. He had a towel around his torso and his hair was wet. "Good morning," he leaned against the door frame, smirking at me.

"Good morning," I yawned as I felt the covers to cover my body. "What time is it?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "10. I wanted you to sleep in. You looked peaceful. Oh and Toni came by and dropped off some clothes for you."

I got up, picking up his shirt before making him turn around. "It's not like I haven't seen anything," he said playfully. I shook my head at him, now covered, and wobbled over to him. "You okay? I didn't hurt you too much last night did I," he said worryingly as he walked over to me to help me walk to the bathroom.

"I'm fine Pea," I smiled at him as I leaned against him. He shook his head at me as he picked me up bridal style. He sat me on the sink in the bathroom as he ran me a hot bath. "You know I could do this myself," I shook my head at him.

"Yeah but can't stop me from taking care of my girlfriend," he said as he took off the shirt on me and carried me into the tub.

He scanned the bruises that I had from last night and the hickeys that laced my body. He looked away from me, "I shouldn't have been so rough with you for your first time," he scolded himself.

I placed my hand on his face, turning his head to mine. "I'm fine Pea really. Plus I liked it," I smirked at him, "Now get out so I can get ready for school." When he didn't budge, I splashed water on him, making him leave with his hands up in defense.

I put on the clothes that Toni gave me, after my shower and was glad that they showed off my new tattoo, I was proud to be apart of the Serpents, and threw on my jacket. A Serpent never sheds it's skin. I tried covering up the markings that Pea trailed on my neck and down my body the best I could.

 I tried covering up the markings that Pea trailed on my neck and down my body the best I could

Walking out of the bathroom, Pea waited patiently for me on the couch

Walking out of the bathroom, Pea waited patiently for me on the couch. His eyes widen as he saw my tattoo on displayed, "You're wearing that?"

"Of course," I grabbed on his arm and dragged him to his bike, "I'm not gonna hide what I am to people. Especially to my parents."

As he got on the bike, I sat in front of him, "You're something special princess," he whispered into my ear as we drove off to school

- - -

Pea and I separated our ways when Toni ripped me away from him, ignoring his protests. "Girl you got some dick didn't you," she said as we entered the lounge.

My eyes widened. "Don't try to deny it. You're practically glowing..also the hickeys are still very visible through all the foundation and concealer," Toni sipped her drink.

I smiled and my eyes fell to my folded hands as I took a seat, "Yeah. We did."

"Tell me," Toni leaned forward, "how do you feel?"

"Well," I laughed, "I'm really sore and it hurts to walk, but besides that. I am falling in love with him Toni... last night just proved it for me."

"Oh my god Andy," she walked over to sit next to me, "have you told him?"

I shook my head, "I guess I'm just waiting for the right time to tell him. I don't want him to run off."

"Andy! There you are," Veronica's voice boomed through the room. She sat on the couch in front of Toni and I. Her eyes widened at the side of my neck, "Well seems to me you had a fun night," she smiled at me. "I'm so happy for you Andy."

I gave her a lop sided grin, "What's up V?"

"You missed this morning...for obvious reasons I'm guessing," she laughed.  "We announced that mom's running for mayor against Fred Andrews."

Toni got up, "I'm gonna go. This sounds like Lodge family business. I'll see you around." Toni left after waving at both my sister and I.

My smile fell quickly, "Great. Now we have the possibility that our parents are gonna be in charge of this town. That only means daddy has a plan in mind I'm guessing," I spat out.

Veronica sighed, "Andy don't say it like it's a bad thing. You know that dad just wants the best for this town."

"No V. That's were you are wrong. He's just doing what he thinks is best for himself. To make sure he ends up at the top. Maybe Jughead was right. I mean when does our father ever wants to be fully involved of a city, unless he wants something."

"That's not true he...he...well that doesn't matter."

I jumped up from my spot on the couch, "Yes it does matter. V he's gonna run this town into shit if we let him win this race. Why can't you see that? And you just roping Archie into this mess isn't right. You know dad's just using him to get his bidding down and to make sure his hands are clean. If anything goes bad, things will be traced back to Archie, V. Don't be our father's puppet."

V looked down at her cup of coffee, "What if you're wrong about our father's intentions?"

I looked in her eyes, "When have I ever been wrong about him? He's always has a plan. I'm guessing it starts with the Southside. I will not let him destroy them, especially the Serpents."

Ronnie looked at my tattoo, "What are you gonna do when daddy finds out that your apart of them. He's probably gonna kick you out Andy. I can't live through this town without you again," she said softly.

"If he wants to kick me out...then let him. I'm not gonna change who I am for anyone," I picked up my backpack, "I'll see you at home Ronnie."

As I walked through the hallways to get to my class, my phone buzzed. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, and was left puzzled by the message.

UNKNOWN: Watch your back Serpent slut.   -M

I raised my head shakingly, scanning my surroundings. I shook my head, it has to be the wrong number. Yeah, it was a mistake. Don't think much about it Andy. You're fine....right?