Chapter 22: Insecurities

The week flew by in a blink of an eye, and now I have major anxiety as I continued to think of this weekend's trip. Sweet Pea is technically my first boyfriend, since with all the other guys had never really gave us the label that comes with dating or it just simply didn't work out in the end. After I told Toni that Pea was coming with me to the lake house, she had immediately told me that she was coming home with me to pack my bags with clothes to wear.

"So are you excited about this weekend," Toni asked as rummaged through my closet.

I sat there in silence as I pondered on her question. Honestly, I was excited about going with him because it was going to give us a chance to better understand each other. On the other hand, I was shitting my pants because I was terrified that I was gonna make a complete idiot out of myself. What if he finds something in me that makes him want to dump me after a couple days of dating?

"Hey," the pink haired girl walked over to me with her arms filled with clothes, "What's wrong?"

I looked up with fear evident in my brown eyes, "I'm terrified Toni. What if he changes his mind about me?"

Toni dropped the clothes on my bed and sat next to me, "He's head over heels with you. You are the first and only girl he's been willing enough to date. Can't you see Andy? You captured the heart of the most cold hearted Serpent we have in the gang. Pea hasn't been able to stop talking about you to the Serpents."

My cheeks blushed a scarlet red, "I guess I'm just over thinking...as usual."

Toni jumped up to start folding clothes in three bags, "You do know that we're only going for the weekend right Toni? Not for eternity." She stopped packing my clothes to smile at me as she grabbed a Victoria's Secret bag.

My eyes widen as she pulled out a red lace lingerie set, "Toni! What is that," I whispered yelled, not wanting my sister to hear as her room is next door.

The girl smirked at me, "Well I didn't know if you guys were gonna like...get busy," she pointed her eyes, "so I just bought it for you. Plus red is his favorite color on girls."

I sighed nervously as my head dropped to face the duvet of the bed, "I don't know if we're gonna have sex this weekend. I," my voice quivers, "I'm just scared. What if he sees something he doesn't like?" I paused and looked out the window, "I'm just really insecure."

"I'm not saying you should have sex with him if you're nervous and uncomfortable, but I told you before. He only has eyes for you. Sweet Pea will wait until you're ready. He won't pressure you into something you're not fully okay with," Toni gave me a small smile.

"Hey we're ready," the door opened to reveal my sister and Archie, "Let's go Andy."

I nodded at Ronnie and picked up the three bags Toni packed for me, and we both walked out. "I'll see you Monday," Toni said before she left the apartment.

As Ronnie and I were gathering the snacks to take my father appeared in the dinning room.

"So Andy, mija who are you taking with you," my mouth fell open. I haven't told my parents about Sweet Pea, only Ronnie knows, because they both hate the Serpents.

I glanced at Ronnie with wide eyes, "Um my boyfriend."

"And does this boyfriend have a name," he crossed his arms as he puffed out his chest.

"Sweet Pea," I mumbled.

"Sweet Pea! Mija that's a Serpent. What the hell are you doing with him? I asked for you to bring someone that could protect you, not some scum from the streets," my father stormed my way with a vein sticking out of his forehead.