Chapter 36: Chains

Andy's Pov:

Toni and I got to Southside High, or what was the high school, in less than ten minutes. As soon as we parked the car in the near empty parking lot, we noticed that Jughead took a very different approach than I initially thought.

"Toni.. I didn't think he meant that we were gonna be chaining ourselves to the building," I hugged my Serpent jacket tighter to my body as I felt the crisp air. Great, it's definitely going to be raining tonight with my luck. Doesn't help that it's freezing outside either.

"That's Jughead for you," Toni mumbled as she put on her jacket. "He's always doing the most, even if the ending result is something nobody wanted in the end."

I stopped walking, my thoughts began to consume me. If I do this, this will prove to everybody that I am the one to make my own decisions, not my family, nor my father. This is my way to show people that I am my own person and I will stand up against him.

If I go through this, I can be risking my relationship with my parents. I don't know if I am ready to give that up just yet as I just got it back. I narrowed my eyes as I looked at the Serpents had with him, all chained, all protesting against my father. I have to do this. What my dad has been doing is beyond wrong and cruel to these people.

Someone has to try and stop him, and I might be the one person that can do that... or be the person that puts him on a rampage of destruction. My father will not let his own daughter, his own blood, show him that he's lost a fight. It will do more than damage his ego. He will always retaliate, and I don't know if these people are truly ready for whatever he's planning. It's bigger than everyone in this town for sure.

"Andy," I was snapped back to reality, "Come on. You coming?"

I sighed as I looked back at the car, "If my father finds out I'm here... He's going to do something. To all of us or to just me."

Toni stepped closer to me slowly, "What are you saying?"

"I'm ready. He's tormented my life enough. I won't let him do the same to you guys. Serpents stick together. We fight as one," I took a step forward, head held high. "In unity there is strength."

The pink haired girl smiled proudly, "In unity there is strength."

We walked towards the school, both ready for what's to come. Jughead glanced over to me, "Glad to see not all the Lodge daughters will fight beside their father. I appreciate this Andy," he handed me my chains.

I grabbed them, putting them around my body, "This is our fight Jug. The Serpents. I won't let my father ruin this family, our family."

In the distance, we heard motorcycles. Fangs and Sweet Pea came rolling in, a couple of other Serpents trailed behind them, all ready to protest against the Hiram Lodge. Sweet Pea parked his motorcycle right next to Toni's car, and took long strides to walk over to us. Without speaking to anyone, he took his place by my side and chained himself to the building. He looked down at me, worry, concern, and pain filled his eyes.

"Are you okay," I asked him touching his bicep, "You seem tense."

Pea clenched his jaw, "Yeah. I'm fine. We all have a point to prove to your father now."

I raised my brows, confused as to why now he's angry with my father

I raised my brows, confused as to why now he's angry with my father. I mean I get that why people hate my dad, but Pea has never spoken about my father like this. With hatred laced in his tone, because even though all the destruction my dad has caused to his home, Pea still had little respect for my dad and that's just because I'm his daughter.

"Pea what happened-"

"Nothing," he cut me off quick.

I placed my hands on his face, making him peer down at me. I went on my tip toes and gave him a kiss. Pea relaxed into the kiss, finally calming down. When we parted, he held me close to him with his arms around my waist.

Even though we are protesting against dad, I'm happy that Pea is here with me. He makes me feel stronger and more confident. Like I could accomplish anything, and that's something I loved about him.

- - -

It's been about three hours, since we first got here and it was now raining. Pea still held me against him, as he saw me shivering. He kept offering his jacket or even sweatshirt, but I refused because I didn't want him to be cold just because I was. I'll just have to endure it.

With Pea's arms now around my front, my back against his chest, I saw Archie on a bike, coming towards us. Archie was quick to stop in front of us and walk towards his best friend, Jughead. Although, I don't know if they're best friends anymore because lately they have been having very different opinions about the better of Riverdale.

"Well, well, well," Jughead taunted, "The cavalry's finally here. Guess that means we've got Hiram's attention."

My heart started pounding as Jughead said that. He's more than certainly noticed what we were doing.

"Are you nuts? Chaining yourself to this place. Andy? Seriously," he looked at me with pleading eyes, "They're gonna tear it down in two days, dude." Archie brought his attention back to Jug.

Jughead scoffed, shaking his head, "Not unless Hiram wants the blood of eight young Serpents', and his daughter's on his hands." He glanced over his shoulder at me. I nodded at him, telling him that I wasn't leaving. "We're not going anywhere."

Archie turned his head at me, his mouth open, full of shock and disappointment at me. I shook my head at him, "I'm sorry Archie, but... we need to do this. Even you know that what my dad is doing is wrong. You're just blinded because you want him to see you as the perfect fit for Veronica."

The ginger's face fell at my statement.

"Go and tell your boss we said that," Jughead said, daring Archie to do just that because there is no way we are backing down now.

Archie left, giving us all one last glance before disappearing into the dark, rainy night. I finally let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding until Archie was just a little speck in the distance. Sweet Pea noticed my tense and nervous state.

He gave me a slight squeeze, "I'm here for you Andy. I won't let him do anything to you." There was a sense of determination behind his tone, like he has something to prove... something he wasn't telling me.

Brushing off the feeling, I stared ahead at the trees, "You don't know that for certain Pea," as I leaned closer to his warm body.

Something was coming. I just don't know what.